Courier Business's Allowable expenses

Options
Good Boy
Good Boy Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
I have a self employed client who is running courier business and he brought van lonely for business purpose, so can he claim capital allowance on this asset or he can only just claim mileage allowances? Please also advised me what other allowable expenses he can claim.

Comments

• andrewtdk
    andrewtdk Registered Posts: 150 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Are you sure you are ready to be a MIP? Its just that you would expect that for an MIP to be licenced in tax they would know how to account for a van!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    As PP said check your license to ensure you are able to act for this client.

Another thing to watch out for is does your client incur any expenses outside the UK? Is he VAT registered? You may have to do a Euro VAT claim.
  • Good Boy
    Options
    Hey guys, rather you guys advising me not to get licence, you guys simply can tell, and any ways I didn't post this, my friend made joke of it.

sorry for any misunderstanding.

Thank you for your advise
  • andrewtdk
    andrewtdk Registered Posts: 150 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Im not sure if i fully understand what you were saying in your last post but if you meant you would rather us tell you the answer instead of saying you shouldnt be a MIP i certainly dont want to put you off posting on this forum as it will help you get answers you may need but just be careful not to take on work for which you dont have the experience as it could lead to all sorts of problems.

In answers to your "friends" joke question you dont have to just use mileage on the new van and can opt for capital allowances
  • Good Boy
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply and sorry for misunderstanding.
Privacy Policy