13 exams to do yikes!!!!!!

Options
2Β»

Comments

• FrancesD
    FrancesD Registered Posts: 21 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Jo,Joe and Omega Man

How are you getting through it so fast. I started L3 in September at my college, and have just finished it now. I was fast tracked, so I could start L4 at Easter and not wait until next September.
    Are you studying full time or part time and with at a college/with a training provider/or distance learning.

Omega Man - I see you are with a college. Are you doing this full time.

At our college there is a full time course - which did L2 from Sept to Mid Nov, L3 from Mid Nov to March, and L4 will be from April to Sept. I hope to join the L4 course in April, but as it is full time,it means not working for the next 5 months.

BTW : I also got a question about de minimus in my Tax exam

Frances
  • Joe Barraclough
    Joe Barraclough Registered Posts: 69 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i am studying full time (well i have a part time job a day a week) without a training provider, i tried using a training provider and i found it a complete waste of money because i am so stubborn if someone tries to teach me something i blank out :p. So i just buy the books and book an exam straight away so that i have to study for it and i cant procrastinate so far so good :D

how are you finding it?

Joe
  • FrancesD
    FrancesD Registered Posts: 21 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I am finding it OK at the moment, but I am not working. Finished my last job in November, and have not been able to find another one (TBH :Not looking very hard).
    I have heard doing L4 while you are working is very demanding and takes a year. Thats why I want to do it in 5 months full time and get it out the way. Lets hope my finances holdout until Sept.
    I am a business/systems analyst who works on accounting systems.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hello Frances

I work full time and I am studying with a training provider. I attend college one day a week when I am studying a module. I'm not currently at college as I've just completed and sat FNPF which I passed :) I have also completed FNST and BGT at Level 4.

I start back next week doing PTX. There are three lessons for this by my training provider and then I will sit the exam towards the end of April - so April is going to be a busy month! I can assure you that I will be putting plenty of additional hours of study in outside of class.

After completing PTX and whilst waiting for the results I will study BTX, this has four lessons and again I will study additional hours in the evenings and at weekends. I have also booked annual leave at work to revise for both these exams.

I look forward to seeing you on the forum more and if you have any questions, the forum is a great place to ask!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Frances,

Like Jo I also work full time and study with a training provider. I'm currently at college one weekday and Saturdays so I can study two modules at a time. (Same through Level 3)

I've just had my results for BTX & CRMC (both passed) and due to sit my remaing 3 exams all by the end of May.

I started Level 4 in Janaury, (overlapping with Level 3) so its going to take me 5 months (plus the six weeks for the last exam result) to complete Level 4. It can be difficult at times as I'm always busy at work, can be especially difficult if I'm at college on the Sunday too, and even more so with this project!

So definitely do-able if you are working full time and willing to sacrifice some of your own time.
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Options
    FrancesD- i started level 2 in September and have been fast tracked and moved to level 3 at same time i only have AP2,SPSW,PRO ETHICS AND COMP A/C'S,left to do.
    I then plan on doing level 4 on distance learning, as college will take 18 months which is too long.
    I might decide to start doing peoples accounts on sage as self employed too,just a thought though.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Frances

I take my hat off to all of you, I am working full time and studying level 3 1 day aweek at college and I am finding it very hard going. I love the subjects and really enjoy the course but it's the time factor. I leave home at 7am each day don't get back to 6 by then I'm shattered...........that could be my age 40 +. I've umed and ared about going on bu I'm determined to prove I can do it to myself and my Line Manager (who's not quite with me on this).

Good luck

Jan
  • omega man
    Options
    Frances- I am only part time,it was two evenings a week,but it is only one evening and an afternoon now,i got my AP2 on Tuesday 3rd April.
  • omega man
    Options
    Passed my APII tonight but i have to say there were some odd and strange questions in there.
    My next exam is professional ethics which is due on 10th May.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Congratulations on AP2, there were some very strange questions I agree.......hence I failed!!
  • omega man
    Options
    I passed my professional ethics yesterday on 10th May but it was very close call,which is why i waited until it was put on my statement of achievement today before i posted on here.
    I got off to a horrid start too, i hit exit instead of enter to get started and that caused awful problems when i eventually got back in the password box would come up every minute and go back to the top of the page,but the invigilator fixed it with some help.
    My next exam is (computerised accounts or sage 50) either end of May or June sometime and then spreadsheet software end of June.
  • Kris2012
    Kris2012 Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I passed my professional ethics yesterday on 10th May but it was very close call,which is why i waited until it was put on my statement of achievement today before i posted on here.
    I got off to a horrid start too, i hit exit instead of enter to get started and that caused awful problems when i eventually got back in the password box would come up every minute and go back to the top of the page,but the invigilator fixed it with some help.
    My next exam is (computerised accounts or sage 50) either end of May or June sometime and then spreadsheet software end of June.

Wow! You're seriously flying through the course! I gather your actual experience has helped plenty?
    I've only just started Level 2 and thought I was doing well, until I read this :ohmy:

I'm hoping that I can get through a few exams and then apply for work, that way I can gain experience while studying.
  • omega man
    Options
    Quick update- I take my last 2 exams within 24 hours of each other on 19/20 June.
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Last 2 exams, which ones? You have certainly progressed quickly through the different modules.

Good luck.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • omega man
    Options
    Hi Jo
    My last 2 exams are Computerised accounts/sage Level 2 and spreadsheet software level 3.
    I started level 2 in September and was put up to level 3 in November and i am going faster than the other level 3 students.
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    That's great.

When do you start level 4 and do you plan to study ACCA/CIMA etc. upon completion?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • omega man
    Options
    Level 4 will depend on my circumstances at the time, as i get tuition cost of books and travel for free if i go to college, as i am on jobseekers allowance.
    If i am working instead i will distance learn level 4,so i suppose either way i will start level 4 in September.
    I have a natural aptitude for Cima as i like the target costing at level 4 and the budgeting,i also enjoyed the hi/lo method at level 3 too.Costs/units.
  • omega man
    Options
    Just completed my spreadsheet software exam and thats level 3 done, just got to wait for results now.I messed up one or two things,but just hope i done enough to get through.
    My computerised accounts for level 2 is tomorrow afternoon,so a good nights sleep is needed.
  • omega man
    Options
    Well thats level 2+3 finished now,i just have to wait for my last results off each level.
    I am confident i passed my sage 50 i have to wait 2 weeks for my results,my fingernails are already short.
    Time to cross my fingers and both legs,lol.
  • omega man
    Options
    Just got back from having my feedback on my last 2 exams and i have passed them both.
    I have now just completed level 2 and level 3.
  • GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Well done! :)
Privacy Policy