Advices needed for ICAS, Please.

LucianaLuciana Feels At HomePosts: 75Registered
Hi all,

I having been studying at home by myself and took the computer based tests at Level 3 at Kaplan as an external student. I am going to start my Level 4 in the coming year. I wonder how I can work on the ICAS project (I am not working at the moment.) Do I need to register with a training provider just for the project, or I can complete the project based on a case study to upload to AAT?

Any advice or experience to share? Thanks a lot!

Comments

  • uknittyuknitty Experienced Mentor Posts: 591Registered
    You can do a project based case study, but your report will be marked by a training provider - so you will need to register for as a student for this unit.

    Most of the distance learning providers offer ICAS as an independent unit.
  • LucianaLuciana Feels At Home Posts: 75Registered
    uknitty wrote: »
    You can do a project based case study, but your report will be marked by a training provider - so you will need to register for as a student for this unit.

    Most of the distance learning providers offer ICAS as an independent unit.

    Thank you.
    I just received an email from Kaplan, and they advised me to register with their distance learning for the project as well. I may consider that. There is a college near me, it provides part time AAT courses. I wonder whether they offer any help for the project. I enjoy studying at home by myself, don't want to go for the courses at college.
  • SparklySparkly Well-Known Posts: 139Registered
    Luciana wrote: »
    Thank you.
    I just received an email from Kaplan, and they advised me to register with their distance learning for the project as well. I may consider that. There is a college near me, it provides part time AAT courses. I wonder whether they offer any help for the project. I enjoy studying at home by myself, don't want to go for the courses at college.



    I've done distance learning all the way through my qualification and am now working on my final unit, the ICAS project! I'm with BPP and for this you join an online classroom environment. You have a set time to complete the project in, and are guided through each stage by your tutor. You also have access to an online forum dedicated to the people in your virtual class who are working alongside you. So far I have found it works well. The learning materials that have been provided are very useful, we have a textbook which takes you through what the unit covers and helps you understand the requirements. You also get stage gudiance notes to help you with writing the different areas of the report.
    I hope this helps.
  • LucianaLuciana Feels At Home Posts: 75Registered
    Sparkly wrote: »
    I've done distance learning all the way through my qualification and am now working on my final unit, the ICAS project! I'm with BPP and for this you join an online classroom environment. You have a set time to complete the project in, and are guided through each stage by your tutor. You also have access to an online forum dedicated to the people in your virtual class who are working alongside you. So far I have found it works well. The learning materials that have been provided are very useful, we have a textbook which takes you through what the unit covers and helps you understand the requirements. You also get stage gudiance notes to help you with writing the different areas of the report.
    I hope this helps.


    Thank you so much for your help. I will look into it. I have read through your other reply regarding to the project. It is very helpful too.
Sign In or Register to comment.