Level 4 Distance learning

nataliesize
nataliesize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

I have just got my level 4 books delivered and was hoping someone could help with which order would be best to
study them in, I've picked business tax and personal tax for my opinions
Thanks

Natalie

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Natalie

It is really down to personal preference or the order in which your tutor (if you attend college) decides to study them.

I studied Financial Statements first and followed it with Budgeting and will be doing Financial Performance in January. April will see me studying Personal and Business Tax as my options and I will complete the qualification with ICAS.

Who are you studying with ?

Hope this helps.

Have a merry Christmas and happy New Year!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Sounds like an interesting early christmas present :p

What was the last module you studied at level 3? The only reason I ask is that I did costs and revenues last. So this information was still fresh in my mind, and I managed to go through Budgeting and Financial Performance quite easily as a result.

I've taken Personal and Business tax too. I actually thought it was benefitial that I studied PTax first, because some of the things in that are covered in great detail, are mentioned again in BTax. So it again meant that I could only do a light touch revision section in some parts.

That is just me though. If you are studying distance learning with a tutor, then it would be helpful to talk to them about it.

Merry Christmas!
    Thomas
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Natalie

I personally did btax and ptax in Dec 2010; financial statements in June 2011; and budgeting in October 2011. I'm currently studying for my financial performance exam in January 2012 and I've also started my ICAS project.

I guess it depends on personal peference really.
Privacy Policy