Paper return for Bankrupt?

JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
A client of mine was made bankrupt in 2010/11 - She's just had a letter from HMRC informing her of her new UTR but it also says that her 2010/11 return will have to be made on paper now as she's bankrupt. Has anyone heard of this before and know the reason for it? She's already on my client list so I can't see how it would be a problem submitting it online.

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I did a return last year for a bankrupt. They issued a new UTR number to my client and I simply re-authorised him under the new number.
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yeah, I've requested authorisation for the new UTR, I'm fine with that, I'm just confused as to why they're demanding a PAPER return for the old UTR. Did you file your bankrupt's return online? I suppose if I do it in FTAX and try submit it I can always print it off and post it if the online submission fails.
  • clegganator
    clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Probably because the old UTR has been deleted from database and the info needs filing manually. Just a guess.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I did not have to complete a paper return. I just simply used the new UTR number.
Privacy Policy