can i do more than 2 optional modules?

Options
rhian
rhian Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
hi, i know i'm asked to choose 2 of 4 optional modules but could i possibly do 3? thank you :)

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Yes you can.
  • rhian
    Options
    thank you!! :)
  • rwb
    rwb Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Can you??? I suppose you could take 3 or even all 4 optional modules but it won't gain you anything will it? Obviously you will learn the subject matter but from the point of view of completing the Lvl 4 qualification you can't substitute optional modules for the compulsory ones so I can't really see how it would be a valuable exercise. You'll have Lvl 4 whether you do 2,3 or 4 modules so is doing more than 2 not a bit of a waste of time?
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    rwb wrote: ยป
    Can you??? I suppose you could take 3 or even all 4 optional modules but it won't gain you anything will it? Obviously you will learn the subject matter but from the point of view of completing the Lvl 4 qualification you can't substitute optional modules for the compulsory ones so I can't really see how it would be a valuable exercise. You'll have Lvl 4 whether you do 2,3 or 4 modules so is doing more than 2 not a bit of a waste of time?

I remember when I did the induction with kaplan for the foundation I remember it being said that if you do more than 2 then you get more exemptions or the maximum exemptions or something..

Martin
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I did 3 and got no more and no less exemptions because of it, it was just the way our college did things that year. It took the pressure off passing business tax because you had the other two if you failed and still got the qualification. If not you had the extra knowledge from the extra module.

It must not have worked because they didn't do it again the following year!
  • acastudentmaat
    acastudentmaat Registered Posts: 16 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    In my case i took 3 optional modules because i would gain an extra exemption from ACA.

I took the 2 tax modules at college for 1 exemption and then sat the audit exam during the summer to gain another 1.

This allowed me the maximum of 5 exemptions.
  • rhian
    Options
    In my case i took 3 optional modules because i would gain an extra exemption from ACA.

I took the 2 tax modules at college for 1 exemption and then sat the audit exam during the summer to gain another 1.

This allowed me the maximum of 5 exemptions.

that is exactly my plan!! i'm glad i can do 3 optionals :) thank you everyone!
Privacy Policy