Tax return

I'm completing a tax return for a friend for 2010-2011.

As I haven't studied tax for a while can I just check that for 31st Jan they will need to pay the balancing figure for last year's tax (final payment 2010-2011) plus half of the tax due last year (first payment 2011-2012)


  • Gill Gittings
    Gill Gittings Registered Posts: 121 🎆 🐘 🎆
    Yes I think that's right. It's normally balancing payment due at 31 Jan and the on account is half of the actual tax liability for 2011 paid in the 31 Jan payment plus the same on account on 31 July. I think there are only on account payments though if the actual tax liability for the year is more than £1,000.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711
    Thank you.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    Unless you have reason to believe that the tax due will be less, then you can ask for it to be reduced.
Privacy Policy