Acca?

Options
stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew what the best (nicest/easiest) exam would be to take as a first exam after AAT?

Thanks

Steph

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew what the best (nicest/easiest) exam would be to take as a first exam after AAT?

Thanks

Steph

Maybe some sort of art course?

Ah ACCA :D Try by just doing one exam, obviously one of the early ones, which hopefully AAT will help you lead onto.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It depends what the last AAT one is that you did, if you did DFS then I would follow it up with F7, if you did a tax paper then I would do F6 (hoping I've remembered the number of those papers properly but you get the idea)
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I took F6 and F5 first, F6 followed on very well from Personal and Business Tax and F5 followed on well from PEV and PCR (as they were then - the costing papers).
  • stephleedz
    Options
    Yeah I thought doing F6 the tax paper would be a Good one to start with as my exams have/will run in this order

Budgeting
    Financial Performance
    Personal Tax
    Business Tax
    Financial Statements

But have been told not to sit the tax exam in a dec sitting in case I need to resist as I would resist in a different tax year. I have also been told that it may be an idea to take them in order? I am quite on concerned with this as I know F4 is financial and business law which I have been told is all theory (which I hate) and I would like to start the ACCA with a pass to keep me going.

Thanks

Steph
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I can't imagine a different tax year would be that difficult to tackle if you know the basic principles.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    But have been told not to sit the tax exam in a dec sitting in case I need to resist as I would resist in a different tax year. I have also been told that it may be an idea to take them in order? I am quite on concerned with this as I know F4 is financial and business law which I have been told is all theory (which I hate) and I would like to start the ACCA with a pass to keep me going.

That's right a resit in June would be for a different tax year, but as has already been pointed out the basic priniciples will still be the same, and hopefully it wouldn't come to that anyway!

A few people in my F4 class were starting with that paper and taking them in order, but yes it is all theory and a completely written exam. It wasn't my favourite, I wouldn't advise starting there. Like you said, it's a good idea to start with a paper you feel confident on.

Good luck!
  • stephleedz
    Options
    Thank you very much for all your advice.

Steph
Privacy Policy