Personal Tax

Options
jane
jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Two weeks in, and I can't do it! It's doing my head in :( - why doesn't it make any sense? And why can't I remember anything? Booooooo

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Jane

Which Finance Act are you studying Personal Tax under and when are you due to sit the CBA?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    Options
    FA 2010 and due to sit on the 22nd Feb!! Not long to learn it, so getting a bit worried. Think my college are doing this too quick, but then maybe it's me :(
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Are you studying at a FE College or through a training provider such as BPP/Kaplan/Premier?

What text books are you using?

I hope to start PTX in April so am guessing I'll be studying under FA 2011. I will check this when I am at college next week.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    Options
    Doing it through a Business College, and we are using Osborne Books, although I bought myself the BPP Question Bank. Yes I think you will be doing the FA2011. There is such alot to remember, and especially when you don't work in a practice, I feel it's harder to get in the old noggin.
    Oh well, let me crack on, the light bulb may just switch itself on, keep fingers crossed. Lol :)
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Jo,
    We are starting this unit on Thursday at college, and apparently they are still waiting for the latest Osborne books to come in - so I wonder if this means we will be working on 2012 tax rates? Strange, because last year when vat changed in January, we did the vat exam at the old rate, which was very confusing!
    I will let you know!
    Have a good day everyone - it looks too nice out though to be studying today!
    GP
  • clegganator
    clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'd second for the Osborne Books, it all made sense to me first time around. Depending on my results I may have some to get rid of in a few weeks time...
Privacy Policy