ACCA Information needed?

Options
AJ786
AJ786 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
Hey I completed my AAT Diploma last May and am hoping to move onto ACCA, just needed some advice.

Firstly what is the estimated cost to complete the ACCA, am just looking for a rough estimate.

Secondly I completed my AAT via classroom based at my local college and want to know which providers offer the best and competitve quality for ACCA learning?

Thridly I have no Accounting experience at all so will I still gain exemptions from my AAT which I have completed for the first 3 modules of the ACCA and also how much work experience will be needed at the completion of the ACCA?

Hope you guys can help cause since I have left college, have not really had anywhere to turn to for advice.

Thanks guys and girls :)

Comments

• stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Have studied my AAT through classroom with Kaplan Financial for level 2, 3 and I am currently part my way through level 4. They have been fantastic throughout. You can check prices for either classroom ACCA course which I believe to be on Saturday and Sundays (highest price), or there is the live online option where you sit in front of your PC at home and the classroom is live on your PC during week day evenings from 6-8.30pm (less expensive than classroom) or I believe they offer a online class which is basically the same as above but not live so not on set nights (again less expensive than live online), then there is also distance learning (cheapest option). All prices toucan find on the Kaplan website.
    Once I have completed my AAT Level 4 I will be exempt from F1, F2 and F3. The first exam is F4 which I believe to be Financial and business law.

Hope the above helps?

Steph
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I used BPP and found them to be fantastic. Cost varied as some papers were 3 days and some were 4, also depends on whether you do taught and revision, classroom or online. The respective websites will give you a better idea.

May I suggest that you take the time out to get some experience otherwise you run the risk of being overqualified and under-experienced?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    May I suggest that you take the time out to get some experience otherwise you run the risk of being overqualified and under-experienced?

I agree, at this stage doing ACCA could be counter-productive. Other courses such as database or spreadsheet could be more useful to initially getting a job, or looking at voluntary options.
Privacy Policy