State Pension

Options
clegganator
clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Anyone have any clever ways of calculating state pension that some received in a year? The letters clients receive at the end of the tax year relate to the year going forward, which confuses most of them, and some just forgot to put it in full stop!

Is there a tool or site where you put in a persons age and all the other variables and it calculates it? Or are there too many variables to factor in?

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Reduce year going forward by inflation?
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    If you are an agent then you can log in to the HMRC website, select your client and it now tells you what they have received in a tax year.

Regards

Dean
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Really? Wow. Just state pension or other items as well?

Never noticed that option.
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Really? Wow. Just state pension or other items as well?

Never noticed that option.

Yep :)

However, it is just state pension! I guess it's a start!

Regards

Dean
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Okay... I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not doing something right.

When I log in to HMRC online, go to the Self Assessment service, find a client who I know is receiving state pension, but I cannot see anywhere that gives any information on the State Pension amount. What am I doing wrong?

Also, The ICAEW issued a notice which stated that, for Corporation Tax, HMRC would be showing the notoriously-difficult-to-obtain payment references via the application ‘View Liabilities & Payments’. I can't find this either!

And before anyone asks, yes, I'm computer literate... I even know that that's NOT a cup holder on my PC!
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    It is in the tax return options section and there is a section saying usefull info for completing your tax return. However I am not sure on it's accuracy as two of my state pension clients show as nil on HMRC's system!
    Regards,

Burg
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    So damn useful, I didn't know it was there because I file through 3p software but have already used it today - thank you Dean.

I have the same thing however, the one that I really want to know (hopeless at giving the correct year info to us) says nil but the ones who do give us the info - their correct figures are showing.
Privacy Policy