Continuity of practice nominee - HELP!

Options
stefanboro
stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi everyone,

I know it seems that I do nothing but take on these forums so I do genuinely feel cheeky for asking this but.....

Would anyone volunteer themselves to be my continuity of practice nominee for my MIP application?

I'm near the end and I can see the light. So excited to send this application pack off!

Many thanks,

Stefan.

Comments

  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Stefan, I dont think its cheeky, if you dont ask you will never get anyone to help. If I was nearer to you I wouldn't mind acting as your nominee but unfortunately am in derbyshire/nottinghamshire. Good luck.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Whereabouts are your clients Stefan, roughly? And do they all like to meet face-to-face or is it mostly telephone calls emails and letters?
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks for your reply MC25.

    I have an extended family member in mind who has done accounts and is fundamentally competent but really has no intention to do any CPD, couldn't do much beyond an SA100 and obviously holds no PII.

    That being said, all the application asks for is that I am satisfied of the persons competence and that the person has or will obtain PII.

    Maybe I'm being too pedantic.
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    jamesm96 wrote: »
    Whereabouts are your clients Stefan, roughly? And do they all like to meet face-to-face or is it mostly telephone calls emails and letters?

    Hi James,

    Clients are a mixture of North East England and London - over 50% are London based and I communicate mainly through phone / e-mail but do make a trip down every 2 months.

    Could you help in this case?

    Thanks,

    Stefan
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    stefanboro wrote: »
    Hi James,

    Clients are a mixture of North East England and London - over 50% are London based and I communicate mainly through phone / e-mail but do make a trip down every 2 months.

    Could you help in this case?

    Thanks,

    Stefan

    Well, I don't really see why not. I'm actually in Kent so London's not a problem at all. My only slight concern would be meeting with any clients who are up your way but, given that it would only be an issue in the event of a pretty serious injury or illness I'm sure they'd understand.

    What do you think?

    By the way, my username is annoyingly misleading; I'd not thought it through! James is my surname, my first name's Mike.
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    jamesm96 wrote: »
    Well, I don't really see why not. I'm actually in Kent so London's not a problem at all. My only slight concern would be meeting with any clients who are up your way but, given that it would only be an issue in the event of a pretty serious injury or illness I'm sure they'd understand.

    What do you think?

    By the way, my username is annoyingly misleading; I'd not thought it through! James is my surname, my first name's Mike.

    Hi Mike,

    Fantastic.

    Have PM'd you.

    Stefan
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Likewise!
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Guys,

    Just reading this thread and i too need to nominate someone. I am just applying for my MIP application and i am in West Sussex. 99% of my communication with my clients is email, telephone. I only have 7 clients at the moment. 3 sole traders, 3 Limited companies and 1 bookkeeping contract (sage).
    Can anyone offer their help please?
    Many thanks in advance
    Deborah
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Deborah, PM me your email address and I'll see what I can do
Privacy Policy