Pricing for landlord accounts

Options
Fireraiser
Fireraiser Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
I've always priced landlord accounts at about half the price I charge sole traders and thrown in a self-assessment (that's all they're actually interested in). To be honest I've had far fewer landlord clients than I expected, but reducing the fees would make it not worth bothering with. I'm only making about £20 more than a bog-standard employment, pension and saving SA.

My last one approached me at the end of December, so as it was so close to 31/01 deadline I charged him at my sole trader rate, albeit with the SA thrown in. He bit my hand off. I wonder if I've been underselling myself?

How do your rates for small landlords, with just 1 or 2 properties, compare to your sole trader rates?

Thanks,
Fred

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I used to do the same as you. Now I quote them just as I would any other sole-trader. If they want to go somewhere cheaper so be it. Rental accounts don't get me jumping out of bed and raring to go to work!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I used to do the same as you. Now I quote them just as I would any other sole-trader. If they want to go somewhere cheaper so be it. Rental accounts don't get me jumping out of bed and raring to go to work!

I rent a few out, its usually very simple calculations, not many entries for each house.

You should charge them the same though, rental incomes are still very high, I'll never understand why people are happy to rent, if they could get money together for a deposit..
Privacy Policy