Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Self Assessment and Pension Wind Up Cash Sum

maplesarahmaplesarah Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 4

Well, 31st January is here and I have a client who has just declared they received a Winding Up Cash Payment from a pension scheme in the year to be reported. I know that the first 25% of the payment is tax free, but the balance has been taxed at 40%. How do I report this on the Self Assessment?

And why do they keep these things under their hat until ther very last moment?!

Thanks for any help, panic is now setting in ...
Sign In or Register to comment.