AR01 how much to charge Poll

Options
Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I wanted to gauge charges for forms AR01, AA02 and dormant accounts i.e has traded previously.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AR01 = £50 inc VAT and CoHo filing fee (i.e. we charge £30)

AA02 = £50-75+VAT (I think, I'm never sure how to price this one as it's dead easy really.

ABBRV - dormant but previously traded (i.e. file the same BS as last year = £75+VAT.

These are quick items but it takes knowledge and skill to complete them correctly and know which to do, so it's not a time-based billing item, to my mind.
  • GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    These are quick items but it takes knowledge and skill to complete them correctly and know which to do, so it's not a time-based billing item, to my mind.

That's very much what I was thinking too. I charge this way for these types of services as by time would not really reflect the knowledge and experience required to complete the work successfully.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    We don't charge for AR01 it is included with the annual accounts fee and we recharge the Filing fee at £14. Dormant accounts we charge £100 plus VAT including a letter to HMRC to confirm dormant.
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    great thanks very much
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    groundy wrote: »
    We don't charge for AR01 it is included with the annual accounts fee and we recharge the Filing fee at £14. Dormant accounts we charge £100 plus VAT including a letter to HMRC to confirm dormant.

That's exactly the same as us.
    Monsoon wrote: »

I feel exactly the same. I very much liked your blog on fees, by the way. They're not paying for your time, that's what you do with employees. They're paying for your expertise and they're paying for the benefit that your work will provide them - i.e. avoided penalties, piece of mind, tax-savings (obviously not for dormant accounts though). For basic compliance work, I feel a fixed-fee (which will probably, albeit loosely, relate to the time involved) is best, but for anything that will bring a noticeable benefit to the client such as a tax saving or a profit improvement... etc, it's got to be a value-based fee.
Privacy Policy