Offering Payroll Services

Options
KaelaH
KaelaH Registered Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I currently offer payroll services to several clients but in every case I provide the reports and they set up the payments from their accounts themselves.
However, I have been requested by a small charity client if I can provide payroll in the same way as their current Payroll Bureau, paying the staff direct. The problem i'm having is finding out how I go about setting these type of payment. Does anybody here off this service and how does this work please?

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Prohibitively expensive for a licence.

In my opinion not worth the bother.
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Depending which bank they're with you could set up a 'Payflow' system where you are an authorised person and fax payflow the amounts to pay the employees. It's backwards and clunky and expensive but it does work.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Or, could you not be added as an authorised user of their online banking?
  • KaelaH
    Options
    I've never heard of pay flow but I'll certainly look into that.

Paying via their online banking would be preferable however they are a small charity with a complex mandate and therefore the bank won't allow them online payment facilities so need a better option.
    One solution we've thought of is opening a client account on my side. Paying a roughly average standing order into there each month and pay staff from that? I could then pay back any difference to the client
  • KaelaH
    Options
    I've never heard of pay flow but I'll certainly look into that.

Paying via their online banking would be preferable however they are a small charity with a complex mandate and therefore the bank won't allow them online payment facilities so need a better option.
    One solution we've thought of is opening a client account on my side. Paying a roughly average standing order into there each month and pay staff from that? I could then pay back any difference to the client
    Its a but messier that way but something my bank suggested
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Or you could suggest they examine their mandate and review their governing documents to see if it really needs to be that way or if it has grown from policy decisions?

If it is necessary you could always suggest they amend their governing document. Depends partly on the size of the charity and who you are dealing with though as to whether this one will fly.
Privacy Policy