PAYE on non profit organization

Options
carolyn
carolyn Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello, Guys,

I haven't learned about the payroll. But now I am stuck in a payroll question now. I am working as a volunteer in a language school, which is a non-profit organization. The tearchers only work 10hours weekly and get 250pounds per month. I wonder if the school need to collect PAYE from them(some of them have another full time jobs). I cann't find any PAYE information about non-profit organzaiton on HMRC. at the moment, their salaries are only recorded as the expenses in the books.

Many thanks for your help.

Carolyn

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I don't deal with non-profit organisations, but I cannot see any reason why they should not be registered for PAYE in the normal way.
  • clegganator
    clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Wouldn't make a difference if it's non-profit or profit. They will have to register because if they have other jobs they will have to have PAYE deducted as allowances will be all used up.
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Register and file nil returns if there is no PAYE/ NIC due.
  • carolyn
    carolyn Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Understand. Thank you for your help. :001_smile:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If some of the employees have other jobs, then more than likely tax should be being deducted off this employment, as their personal allowance will likely be used in the other job. Definitely need a PAYE scheme.
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yep - definitely need a PAYE scheme even if no deductions are due. Unless you could demonstrate that the teachers were self employed that is.........but I think that would be difficult to justify.
Privacy Policy