RLS on account - HMRC???

stefanboro
stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello you beautiful accountants.

Had a bit of bother getting a client added to my online list with HMRC - basically they said he has an "RLS" on his account and that if he rang his tax office they would sort it out.

I asked the woman what this was and she wouldn't answer - presumably due to my current lack of agent status but she did sound a miffed with me from the start!!

Any idea what this is? I doesn't matter really but I am curious!

Comments

• Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    I think it refers to Returned Letter Service. Basically the client has moved and not informed the Revenue?

Regards

Dean
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Dean wrote: »
    I think it refers to Returned Letter Service. Basically the client has moved and not informed the Revenue?

Regards

Dean

Yeah that's what I know it to be - I believe HMRC see it is a potential indicator of fraud, particularly when the RLS relates to a payment request.
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    jamesm96 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I know it to be - I believe HMRC see it is a potential indicator of fraud, particularly when the RLS relates to a payment request.

Oh lovely. What is it with me attracting clients who have massive question marks above their head? I bet I'll on the HMRC suspicious agent list!

Thanks for the responses.
Privacy Policy