New mip

SHOPKINS
SHOPKINS Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me I have just registered as a MIP and now not really sure where to go next...... Do I register with HMR&C straight away? I have also heard I need to register as an Agent on HMR&C, please can someone help me. I have read somewhere there are mentors who are willing to help new members is anyone aware of this?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated

:confused1:

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    SHOPKINS wrote: »
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help me I have just registered as a MIP and now not really sure where to go next...... Do I register with HMR&C straight away? I have also heard I need to register as an Agent on HMR&C, please can someone help me. I have read somewhere there are mentors who are willing to help new members is anyone aware of this?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated

:confused1:

Yeah that's right, if you're not yet registered as an Agent with HMRC then you'll want to do that so that your clients can authorise you to handle their affairs. Presumably you applied for AAT to be your supervisory body for the Money Laundering reg's?

Apart from that (you've obviously got insurance otherwise you wouldn't have been given your licence) you'll just need to register with the ICO.
  • SHOPKINS
    SHOPKINS Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks ever so much James I am very grateful for your help. Now without sounding too stupid what is the ICO and how do I do that? Do I just log onto their website and register?
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    SHOPKINS wrote: »
    Do I just log onto their website and register?

Pretty much! The Information Commissioners Office (their website explains all!); you'll need to register with them because you'll be using and processing personal data.
Privacy Policy