Weberp accounts software

Options
redpoll
redpoll Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
One of my clients is keen to switch from his rather outdated Sage software to a web-based package called Weberp, the main reasons being cost (Weberp is free) and ease of access away from the office. Does anyone have experience of Weberp? What are the pros and cons compared to Sage, and how user-friendly is it? Many thanks.

Comments

• paulstafford
    paulstafford Registered Posts: 126 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    As it is a free product - what happens when their money runs out?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Never heard of it but he must be pretty brave to want to use it unless he is particularly fluent in PHP.
  • Tim Schofield
    Tim Schofield Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Weberp accounts software

TO: paulstafford -> "As it is a free product - what happens when their money runs out?"

Hi Paul, the software itself is open source, so it will always be available for anyone to download, use, and contribute back to in whatever form they like. There is no money to run out, so the software will be available for ever.

TO: deanshepherd -> "Never heard of it but he must be pretty brave to want to use it unless he is particularly fluent in PHP"

Hi Dean, what they should do is to take out a support contract with any of the many companies who offer paid for support on webERP. The great thing is that the code will always be available to all, so if there is demand for support then there will always be people prepared to offer it. No lock-in to any specific company.

Thanks
    Tim
  • billwilson
    billwilson Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    We are a UK based company established for 40 years who have developed our own software over the years.

We now offer training, hosting, support and developement based around webERP.

As a long standing developer I can say its a good system.

By the way open source / free software is used by everybody every day over 90% of the worlds largest computers run on open source. They not trying to save money but use it because its reliable and well supported.

Welcome feedback as the UK appears to be unaware of the benefits of open source
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    We are a UK based company established for 40 years who have developed our own software over the years.

We now offer training, hosting, support and developement based around webERP.

As a long standing developer I can say its a good system.

By the way open source / free software is used by everybody every day over 90% of the worlds largest computers run on open source. They not trying to save money but use it because its reliable and well supported.

Welcome feedback as the UK appears to be unaware of the benefits of open source

I use a fair bit of open source software such as Spybot S&D, however I must admit I would be a bit wary of open source cloud accounting software.
Privacy Policy