Recruitment and qualifications

Options
Sonya Ashbarry
Sonya Ashbarry Registered Posts: 31 Epic contributor 🐘
Hello everyone

Qualifications are certainly becoming more in demand especially in a competitive employment market. One of our students based in London had 160 interviews before she received 5 offers in one week! She said the AAT qualification made a massive difference.

But we are wondering if employers/recruiters ever give consideration to the study method taken by a student and/or the training provider used to study with.

It will be very interesting to read you thoughts and opinions.

Sonya

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    160 interviews?! That has got to be a record. I would have given up after 10.

The only consideration I give to study is as to whether the student was working at the same time or whether they did all the study on their own before getting a job in practice. The former obviously being preferable to the latter.
  • stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    We do not consider study methods used, unless there is a committment for ongoing studies that require study leave. That does not mean that a study leave requirement is a negative issue, it just means I have to think about how that is going to work with other training commitments in the Depatrment Qualifications and relevant experience (relevant to the post being applied for, so for a junior post would be minimal, but for a more senior post would be greater) are the key requirements for us.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    But we are wondering if employers/recruiters ever give consideration to the study method taken by a student and/or the training provider used to study with.

Nope, it's never crossed my mind. The last post I had was for an accountant and I took on someone unqualified but very experienced.

Like Dean says, it's nice to have someone with experience.
Privacy Policy