Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

PAYE Office

jiltjilt Font Of All KnowledgeRegistered Posts: 2,903
I have a clients PAYE reference and need to send a P46 to the tax office but don't have an address. Does anyone know how to find out please?

Or does it just go to the PAYE and slef assessment PO Box Liverpool address?

Comments

• MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071
    Don't P46s have to be sent online now? Can you do it via your payroll software?
  • DcollinsDcollins Well-Known Registered Posts: 179
    Penalties could be charged for paper P46s now, unless it's one of the few exempt employers.
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    Yes already tried that but don't have employees date of birth who's not contactable at the moment. Wanted to send P46 to client today with details of where to send it to as he's away from Monday himself.

To be honest I don't know where I am anymore with HMRC and PAYE. Last year I got letters for several clients saying they had to pay tax and NI electronically, this years they've sent payment booklets again, so whether they accept paper P45s etc any more I'm not sure. As you know its been one of those weeks!
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    Dcollins wrote: »
    Penalties could be charged for paper P46s now, unless it's one of the few exempt employers.
    Thanks, just shows how often I have to send P45s etc