Passed Level 3 (hopefully!)

SarahJSSarahJS Trusted RegularPosts: 273Registered
I've just got home after taking AP1 and 2 today, and have passed both :001_smile: I'm still waiting on the SPSW result though, so I hope I won't be disappointed there... I want to get on with level 4!!!

I've take all 7 units in the last 2 weeks so it'll be great not having to swot up every spare minute of the day :laugh:

(And I apologise for the 'I've passed' post for those who don't like them, it's just such a relief to have passed!)

Comments

  • janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Posts: 1,189Registered
    Well done Sarah and for doing it all at the same time, I do sometimes think it would be better that way as I feel I don't have a lot of time to actually revise as you finish the modulle and into the exam. We still have some of AP2 to do yet and exam booked for 26th March.

    Well done again hope you get right result in SPSW

    Jan
  • ClarekayeClarekaye Trusted Regular Posts: 306Registered
    7 units in 2 weeks *_* how long ago did you start it all?!

    When do you hear back from SPSW? Congrats on all the passes :thumbup:
  • SarahJSSarahJS Trusted Regular Posts: 273Registered
    Clarekaye wrote: »
    7 units in 2 weeks *_* how long ago did you start it all?!

    When do you hear back from SPSW? Congrats on all the passes :thumbup:

    I got the books delivered on 1st Feb, so all done in one month. This was mainly because all my local exam centres had no exam dates after yesterday until halfway through April. Originally I'd planned to do a module a week starting exams at the start of March. I'm lucky that I work evenings so was available to take any exam slots available, and got a bit carried away when I booked them.

    It's not the best way to have done things, I had to work so much out from principles in the accounts prep exams, so I'll definately be reviewing the content of those exams thoroughly before starting level 4.

    I sat SPSW last week, so it all depends on how quick it can be marked (Kaplan distance learning).

    My life has been so filled with AAT that I do't quite know what to do with myself now this is over :huh:
  • MarkTMarkT Trusted Regular Posts: 302Registered
    SarahJS wrote: »
    My life has been so filled with AAT that I do't quite know what to do with myself now this is over :huh:

    If Kaplan had this rate of turn around on all of their students, they'd be laughing all the way to the bank! Well done for the effort.

    I would have thought though, you would be able to get started on level 4 as by the sounds of it, if you've passed the other 6 units, SPSW would be a walk in the park and should not cause too much of an issue in them allowing you to progress
  • SarahJSSarahJS Trusted Regular Posts: 273Registered
    MarkT wrote: »
    If Kaplan had this rate of turn around on all of their students, they'd be laughing all the way to the bank! Well done for the effort.

    I would have thought though, you would be able to get started on level 4 as by the sounds of it, if you've passed the other 6 units, SPSW would be a walk in the park and should not cause too much of an issue in them allowing you to progress

    The only unit I used Kaplan for was SPSW, after spending a fortune on level 2 distance learning and not using it I thought I'd give self study a go (and it helps my partner is a PQ ACA, so if I actually had any massive issues he could have helped).

    That's what I'm hoping with SPSW, I came out the exam confident, and I think you can judge you've done ok if your numbers are sensible and your pivot tables work etc.

    I'm having a well deserved rest for now, I've actually gave the level 4 books I bought to my mum to keep, as I get over enthusiastic and obsessed with things!
  • HaysahHaysah Feels At Home Posts: 80Registered
    Well Done :thumbup1:
  • Kirsty83Kirsty83 Feels At Home Posts: 57Registered
    SarahJS wrote: »
    I've just got home after taking AP1 and 2 today, and have passed both :001_smile: I'm still waiting on the SPSW result though, so I hope I won't be disappointed there... I want to get on with level 4!!!

    I've take all 7 units in the last 2 weeks so it'll be great not having to swot up every spare minute of the day :laugh:

    (And I apologise for the 'I've passed' post for those who don't like them, it's just such a relief to have passed!)

    WOW - 7 units in just 2 weeks? That's amazing!!

    Congratulations on passing - you deserve it after all the hard work and good luck with your results for SPSW! :)
  • tillyjbctillyjbc Feels At Home Posts: 45Registered
    [QUOTE=S after spending a fortune on level 2 distance learning and not using it I thought I'd give self study a go
    [/QUOTE]

    That's exactly how I'm feeling about which route to progress with L3. I guess there is a big difference though between L2 and L3, so maybe I'd appreciate the support and feel I was getting my money's worth this time!

    Are you using Kaplan books SarahJS?
  • SarahJSSarahJS Trusted Regular Posts: 273Registered
    tillyjbc wrote: »
    That's exactly how I'm feeling about which route to progress with L3. I guess there is a big difference though between L2 and L3, so maybe I'd appreciate the support and feel I was getting my money's worth this time!

    Are you using Kaplan books SarahJS?

    Nope, I used Osborne books for all but SPSW when I had to buy the distance learning package from Kaplan to be able to sit the exam.

    I actually didn't find level 3 the massive step people seem to make it, things were a bit more in depth, but it still clicked with me right away. I am abit concerned with the written questions of level 4, with no tutor to advise on possible questions and writing style it could be a bit more challenging....

    Still waiting on the result after 3 weeks so hopefully not too long left :)
  • MarkTMarkT Trusted Regular Posts: 302Registered
    SarahJS wrote: »
    Still waiting on the result after 3 weeks so hopefully not too long left :)

    Seeing that I've not fully completed this module yet, I cannot 100% say, but from what I've heard it is not the hardest of the modules to overcome - if you've passed the rest you should be fine - I fully understand that the wait must be excruciating - hang in there :001_smile:
  • SarahJSSarahJS Trusted Regular Posts: 273Registered
    MarkT wrote: »
    Seeing that I've not fully completed this module yet, I cannot 100% say, but from what I've heard it is not the hardest of the modules to overcome - if you've passed the rest you should be fine - I fully understand that the wait must be excruciating - hang in there :001_smile:

    I'm quite confident with general spreadsheets, so the module didn't seem too hard.

    I was slightly concerned that if you couldn't do part of the exam you would then struggle to complete the rest properly. As is, I'm fairly confident the exam itself went ok, just slightly concerned that something in the upload didn't go too well!
Sign In or Register to comment.