Company Name

Pete12
Pete12 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor 🐘
Good morning,

A company name has become available after the previous company has been dissolved. Has anyone experienced/heard of difficulties of a new company (ie entirely different with no connection to the previous one) having problems with choosing the name of a previously existing company? Is there anything I should look-out for?

Many thanks

Pete12

Comments

• stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Pete12 wrote: »
    Good morning,

A company name has become available after the previous company has been dissolved. Has anyone experienced/heard of difficulties of a new company (ie entirely different with no connection to the previous one) having problems with choosing the name of a previously existing company? Is there anything I should look-out for?

Many thanks

Pete12

Hi Pete - I've never encountered anything myself with this but a client changed the name of the company before registering with companies house because it had existed previously and he was very concerned about credit scores being linked to the previous company. Again, I don't think this CAN be the case due to CRN's being unique but he was adamant.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have done this a few times without issue.

If the previous company dissolved owing money then you may find a few creditors coming out of the woodwork thinking there is some connection to the old company which can be a pain but they have no legal rights over the new company so it is a problem that will disappear with time.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The only problem we ever had was with HMRC. The absolutely insisted that our client already had a PAYE scheme when we tried to open one for a client that had taken a previously registered name.

No real hassle just extra letters going back and forth for a while.
  • Pete12
    Pete12 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor 🐘
    Good - it looks as if there are no major lasting issues.

Thanks chaps!

Pete12
Privacy Policy