CIS & Sage payroll

PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
This will be an easy question for the right person..

We've run our Sage Payroll for Feb, which says 8k payable for PAYE & 10k payable for NI. (As per the P32 printed out)

We're owed say 30k CIS deductions.

I don't touch payroll myself, is there something we should have done to it, to say we're intending to deduct CIS money due?

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am going to double check,however in the past I have just printed out the month's P32, made a note of the CIS deduction and when running the year end entered the total figure marked on the printed P32 into the box that pops up when running the P35.
  • PGM
    PAMDILL wrote: Β»
    I am going to double check,however in the past I have just printed out the month's P32, made a note of the CIS deduction and when running the year end entered the total figure marked on the printed P32 into the box that pops up when running the P35.

I shall attempt the same!

Thank you.
  • PAMDILL
    Don't forget to alter the HMRC payment field for the month in Sage Payroll settings to the amount you actually pay or that throws out the year end.
  • PGM
    Don't forget to alter the HMRC payment field for the month in Sage Payroll settings to the amount you actually pay or that throws out the year end.

Ah, this could cause a problem then, payroll has just been run as normal. And tomorrow is the day we need to make our PAYE payment.

Can be go back into payroll and change it now? Do you know where in payroll you change it?

many thanks
  • PAMDILL
    You can go back in and change it anytime up until you run year end, provided you don't use the Sage ebanking to pay it. It is in - company- settings then 2nd from right tab, labelled HMRC Payments.
  • PGM
    You can go back in and change it anytime up until you run year end, provided you don't use the Sage ebanking to pay it. It is in - company- settings then 2nd from right tab, labelled HMRC Payments.

Thank you. I also just phoned the Sage helpline, we do pay them enough.. They said it will ask for CIS deductions as part of the year end routine. As part of the P35..
  • PAMDILL
    As far as I was aware it is there as part of the P35, certainly the CIS deductions you pay to subbies is there, it is just that there has never been anything there as part of the monthly routine,either for suffered or deducted, which is ridiculous when you consider how long the system has been going.
  • PGM
    As far as I was aware it is there as part of the P35, certainly the CIS deductions you pay to subbies is there, it is just that there has never been anything there as part of the monthly routine,either for suffered or deducted, which is ridiculous when you consider how long the system has been going.

Does seem odd.

I've paid over this months PAYE & NI, after deducting some CIS deductions.

Thanks again
  • PGM
    Just want to check something;

When a company makes a CIS deduction, they should still pay the full amount of VAT on the invoice, and not it based on the post deduction amount?

thanks
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    PGM wrote: Β»
    Just want to check something;

When a company makes a CIS deduction, they should still pay the full amount of VAT on the invoice, and not it based on the post deduction amount?

thanks

Yes, full amount of VAT.

CIS deductions on net labour charge only.
  • PGM
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    Yes, full amount of VAT.

CIS deductions on net labour charge only.

Thats great, thank you.
Privacy Policy