Kaplan Online learning L4

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi All,

I am wondering if someone could advise what this entails for level 4? My understanding is that this is like distance learning but you have these online lectures. Do these have to be viewed live or are these pre-recorded and you view them at your leisure?

What do people think of these; are they worth all the hype?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Martin

I have seen online lectures from another training provider and think they are brilliant!!!

If the lectures are pre-recorded like the lectures I have watched, I can highly recommend them. I find the lectures from my training provider invaluable as a revision aid or if I miss a class or don't quite understand a concept etc. As they are pre-recorded it allows you to rewind and watch the same part over and over until you understand etc.

Have you looked at the Kaplan website to see if there is a sample/demo lecture or further information about them?

Are you set to complete Level 4 with Kaplan or are you still looking at various providers?

Hope the above helps you with your decision making on Level 4.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    I will PM Jo about my personal view but suffice to say I was looking at various avenues but hit a brick wall im just merely curious about the online lectures with kaplan.

I have done some of their masterclasses online and they were rather informative. I still have a few units to get past on L3 but I am looking at hopefully starting L4 in may whatever happens.

Who did you study with again?

Martin
  • Roro1303
    Roro1303 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am currently a kaplan live online student and to be honest, my advice to you will be to shop around before deciding
    Yes you will have the options of attending lessons online live from the comfort of your own home, work..etc and also can re-visit pre-recorded lessons again, again but price wise i think they are way too expensive.

they even charge more than the local Kaplan centre on some of the units, i wish i'd done some shop around before. I have to pay nearly £2K for L4, and now i want to change one of the optional unit BTX to EXA, as i did not realise how big BTX compared to the 3 remaining optional units when i was signing up, half way through BTX i decided to change to EXA which will be Running in April and they are telling me to pay an extra £406 while the local centre is charging £50 less. I am happy to pay for the Audit course material, but definately not £406. All because i have already received the BTX material and already had access to the lectures

you can see how unhappy i am after this, so my little advice to you will be shop around, i am sure other online AAT course providers offer the same services like being able to watch pre-recorded lectures, community group for student which kaplan live online has.
    Another online AAT course provider is offering this level for £699.(i don't want to mention any names)do your own homework on this, and talk to them to see what they are offering.

Good luck
  • Jo Clark
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    I will PM Jo about my personal view but suffice to say I was looking at various avenues but hit a brick wall im just merely curious about the online lectures with kaplan.

I have done some of their masterclasses online and they were rather informative. I still have a few units to get past on L3 but I am looking at hopefully starting L4 in may whatever happens.

Who did you study with again?

Martin

Hello Martin

Not received a PM from you... did you change your mind?

I study with BPP.

Feel free to PM if you have further questions.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    Hello Martin

Not received a PM from you... did you change your mind?

I study with BPP.

Feel free to PM if you have further questions.

JC

Sorry jo got side tracked. I have just PM you.
  • Jo Clark
    ... and I've replied :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • acorrenti
    acorrenti Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,

Just to add, I have recently signed up for the Kaplan Online Distance Learning Course.
    My only reservation was that you don't receive hard copies of the books. Not sure why I prefer to study with the proper copies of the books, but I just prefer it.

Anyways I said this to my employers and they paid for the books on top of the cost of the course as well - what a result.
    I am still waiting for my books to arrive.
    I have made a start on Financial Statements as Kaplan updated my En-gage account the next day with the study texts etc.
    Still waiting for the online videos to appear on my account though. If you want to know anything else just get in contact.

:)
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    acorrenti wrote: »
    Hi,

Just to add, I have recently signed up for the Kaplan Online Distance Learning Course.
    My only reservation was that you don't receive hard copies of the books. Not sure why I prefer to study with the proper copies of the books, but I just prefer it.

Anyways I said this to my employers and they paid for the books on top of the cost of the course as well - what a result.
    I am still waiting for my books to arrive.
    I have made a start on Financial Statements as Kaplan updated my En-gage account the next day with the study texts etc.
    Still waiting for the online videos to appear on my account though. If you want to know anything else just get in contact.

:)

Great result with getting paper books! I'd also definately prefer hard copies of books, you can take them with you, read them in bed etc.

I tried to use the online SPSW book while waiting for my hard copy and I found it dreadful.
  • acorrenti
    acorrenti Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    I agree Sarah I tried out the online book (whilst waiting for my books to arrive) and i was constantly scrolling up and down, back and forwards etc
    Luckily they have arrived this morning :)
Privacy Policy