The normal order for L4

Options
MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi All,

Just wondered if someone could advise the order that people do level 4 from the core units to the 2 optional units?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Martin

For Level 4 I decided to complete the mandatory units excluding the project before the optional units and will complete my level 4 with the project. I completed Financial Statements first followed by Budgeting and Financial Performance. A friend of mine who studied Financial Performance with me has not completed budgeting and she did find the module quite hard going. I think that having studied budgeting really helped me with Financial Performance and would recommend that you do these two papers in that order one soon after the other as they will compliment each other. I will be starting my studies for Personal Tax followed by Business Tax in a few weeks. Once all the exams are completed I will complete the project.

I know some students will complete the project first or may be required by their college to do this at a particular point in their studies. A few of my friends at college have also completed optional papers before mandatory papers due to course availability etc. I was lucky in that I could decide what modules I wanted to study and when. The order of study for me was all linked to when my training provider was offering the classes. My training provider also advised that the project should be completed on its own and not whilst studying any other module so I decided to leave this till the end.

Hope this helps you with your decision making.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Thanks Jo for all your advice tonight!

I was thinking about that order myself and then maybe do the project after the core units and then have the optional ones but doing it last makes sense and probably easier.

As a distance learning its good to look at timetables of places like kaplan and bbp to see how long they structure each unit like kaplan might have there support for the project in september sometime and that will be that for the project.

Martin
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Thanks Jo for all your advice tonight!

I was thinking about that order myself and then maybe do the project after the core units and then have the optional ones but doing it last makes sense and probably easier.

As a distance learning its good to look at timetables of places like kaplan and bbp to see how long they structure each unit like kaplan might have there support for the project in september sometime and that will be that for the project.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I've done Level 4 in the following order, however as I'm Kaplan classroom based they are basically what they are offering.

Jan BTX
    Feb CRMC
    Mar ICAS
    Mar/Apr FNST & BGT
    May FNFP

Can't wait to finish now, so close...
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'll be sitting the optional module of PTX first, mainly because I already have a pretty comprehensive understanding of personal tax through work. After that I'm going to study the core modules, which could potentially help with ICAS, then onto ICAS and BTX.

If I was doing CRMC or EXA I'd do them before ICAS as they could be helpful during the project :)

I did manage lvl 3 in a totally unconventional order (ethics, cost and rev, vat, spsw, cash management the accounts prep 1 and 2) and didn't find that knowledge from other papers was assumed in any of the modules, so hopefully any order is fine :)

Good luck :)
Privacy Policy