Personal Tax FA2011

Options
anniebabe
anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Guys

I am due to sit my PTX exam in a few weeks - and was wondering if peeps could make suggestions for written task in section 1 for me to review.
It has been mentioned to me that a possible question could be on payment on account. can anyone think of any others?
Like other students this is normally my big pit fall in exams.

Many thanks.

Comments

• guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Anniebabe,
    whilst revising I have printed off the written question answers for the three practice exams on AAT site; they ALL relate to the timings of returns, payments, possible penalties, refunds etc.
    In the Osborne workbook, one practice assessment has a written question asking for clarification on business mileage implications.
    Good luck
    GP
  • Luby
    Luby Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

They all seem to revolve around the payment on accounts eg when payments are due and how much will they owe on such dates etc as was in my exam but from what ive seen theres also the possibility of a quesiton about penalties and procedures, they all appear to revolve around self assessment payments and filing deadlines etc good luck ... im just waiting for my results :(
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the replies.
    Was wondering what else could crop up - sounds like they could ask us - absolutely anything :/
    Will just have to keep revising.

Good Luck everyone.x
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Anniebabe,
    We did a practice assessment last week, from the Osborne tutor zone, and then went through all the answers in class, which was helpful. I'm now working through the Osborne workbook, and I'm making a list of errors I make, then revisiting the relevant text, and if necessary for more clarification, the HMRC website. We are doing another tutor zone practice next week, and then the exam the week after. Can you ask your tutor to access these for you?
    Happy revising! (its wet and dreary out so I don't mind today!)
    GP
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hello
    I wont be seeing my tutor again before the exam.
    We went through the 2 osborne exams and the AAT cbe in class, thankfully I have my books to keep me going.
    I seem to be struggling with PPR at the moment and a bit hit and miss with the written part in section 1 - seem to be ok with the other stuff - hopefully I will pass.
    Good Luck.
Privacy Policy