FNST or Financial Performance

Options
Spamkebab
Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi,

Which would you consider the hardest module from these two?
I started studying level 4 at the end of January, starting with FNST, there is so much information to memorise it's unbelievable (to me anyway). I have got the actual statements and workings sussed but i'm struggling trying to remember all the IASs. How well must you know each individulal IAS?

I hope this is the more difficult module.

Cheers

Neil

Comments

• katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think FNST is harder than FNPF.

Section 2 on FNPF is a tough nut though.. (if you get my meaning) :)

When are you sitting the first exam? are you at a college?

I am distance learning now, 3 units remaining, but having 6 months off from studying..
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hiya,
    Thanks for the reply. I have booked FNST for the end of this month, i am a distance learner with Kaplan. I'm just wondering how over the top Kaplans text is for this module (if at all)
    Have you any tips for FNST Katie?

Thanks

Neil
  • aimzb_uk
    aimzb_uk Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi

I sat my FNST on 3rd Feb and had my results back today, not good though as I have failed.

Think my biggest problem was that there was so much information to learn not just numbers!

I would suggest you gain a general grasp of all of the IAS, and learn the ratios. I looked at several past exams and they all asked for the same 5 ratios so I concentrated on them, but in the exam only 3 of them came up, the other 2 I had no idea!

Good luck with your exam

Amy
  • lk01
    lk01 Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi there, I personally find FNST trickier.
    Sat my FNP at beginning of feb and got my results the other day that I passed! Yay! :)
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Spamkebab wrote: »
    Hiya,
    Thanks for the reply. I have booked FNST for the end of this month, i am a distance learner with Kaplan. I'm just wondering how over the top Kaplans text is for this module (if at all)
    Have you any tips for FNST Katie?

Thanks

Neil

Try to polish up on the ias's for fnst first, then it should click into place..
    Hope it goes ok.
Privacy Policy