AP1 Exam Layout Help

mattwilkes85
mattwilkes85 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone,

I am sitting my AP1 exam in 2 weeks and was a little concerned that all of my example papers follow the same format as the 2 online mocks. I have therefore yet to experience any different types of questions which may pop up and how they will be worded etc.

From experience, can people tell me if the AP1 exam follows the same pattern as the mocks? ie;

Question 1.1 - Non Current Asset Register
Question 1.1 - Depreciation / Disposals
Question 2.1 - Accruals and Prepayments
Question 2.2 - Trial Balance
Question 2.3/2.4 - Journals and Trial Balance Adjustments
Question 2.5 - Adjustments
Question 2.6 - Questions

Many thanks.

Comments

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I took this a few weeks ago and it was exactly the same, as long as you know the content you should be fine evenif it doesn't follow this layout :) Good luck :)
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

I agree with what SarahJS has said, if you know the subject matter it shouldn't matter what order the questions are in.

Good luck.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • mattwilkes85
    mattwilkes85 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Thank you both. I'm pretty confident I know everything I need to know, I just struggle sometimes with how questions are worded if it's not what I'm used to. I should be fine though if they follow the set pattern! Thanks!
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Matt

Read the question, think about it and then read it again. Make sure you answer the question being asked and not one that you want to answer :)

You should have plenty of time to complete the exam and the great thing about this level is you will receive your results straight away.

Is this your first CBA?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    I also meant to say, beware of distractors in multiple choice questions. Quite often there will be an answer to select which is wrong, but you may have calculated that as the answer incorrectly :) So it is always worth double checking your calculations as you go or at the end of the exam if you have time.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Matt

Also don't always assume the question will be disposal/depreciation, mine wasn't it was disposal throught the bank account, threw me completely.

Jan
Privacy Policy