Personal Finance 2011-12 practice tests needed!

Options
guinea pig
guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi all,
I am due to sit this exam in 2 weeks, based on the 2011 finance act, however, there is very little practice available; only 1 cba, no greenlight, no Osborne quiz yet, and I don't want to use last years, and get confused by the different tax rates etc. Anyone else have this problem? any ideas? I am working with the Osborne tutorial and workbook.
GP

Comments

• guinea pig
    Options
    Personal Tax 2011-12

I meant personal tax, not personal finance!
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hello GP

I had noticed that there was little currently available for 2011-12. I am wondering if this is because the 10-11 can be tested until May. I know this is of little help to you at the present time.

I am due to start PTX in April (followed shortly by BTX) along with a few others in my study group who selected these options and do hope that there are some additional resources available by then if not before so that you have some additional resources for practice.

Hope all else is well with you?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    Options
    Thanks Jo,
    I'm fine thanks, and you?
    I'm thinking that it wasn't such a great idea to be sitting this exam for the 2011/12 year so early! I have a couple of days off to study, and wish I could find some more practices, we have a mock exam this week. I desperately want to get it passed, and then concentrate on financial performance, which is even more challenging!
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hiya GP

I'm ok thanks. Awaiting results of Financial Performance which I sat back in mid February, and going on the results turn around that other students have spoke about on here they may be out this week but it could be another 2 weeks.

Also lots happening on the work front. I hope to find out soon when my interview is and hopefully secure one of my preferred posts by the end of March.

Do let me know if you find any additional resources before your exam.

I wish you all the best with it and remember to let me know if you need any help with Financial Performance, especially those variances! :)

Take care.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    GP - check your messages.x
  • guinea pig
    Options
    Hi Anniebabe,
    Many thanks, thats really helpful, I have sent you a reply.
    GP
Privacy Policy