Tax Book

Options
Pixie1
Pixie1 Registered Posts: 24 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good tax book to buy?

It's been along time since I studied any tax and would like to brush up on some of the basics.

Many Thanks,

Comments

• stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There are many which I find very helpful but if I am honest the one that I keep going back to is my ACCA F6 book - even if you don't study ACCA it's a straight forward book covering all the basics (and more) with good practice questions etc.
  • Pixie1
    Options
    Hi Stefanboro,

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

I'll have a look at getting one of those. I was also thinking of looking at some ATT books too?

Have you used these?

I wanted to start doing some work from home eventually but feel very rusty on the tax side of things. Its a long time since I did my AAT, I'm currently mid way through my Cima exams but doesn't really have much on tax.

Any further help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Im doing ATT personal and corporate tax and the BPP books are brilliant. I have also got the ACCA books and as Stefanbro said, they too are good. :001_smile:
  • Pixie1
    Options
    Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the reply. How are you finding the corse? Are u doing it on its own or along side something else?

Would you recommend buying these books then even if I wasn't planning to sit the exams?

Many Thanks
  • Jmann
    Jmann Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Pixie1 wrote: »
    Would you recommend buying these books then even if I wasn't planning to sit the exams?

Many Thanks

I would recommend Tolley's Taxwise part 1. It is expensive but good book, covers sole trader, partnership, Corporation tax, cgt, and some other areas too. It is written in question and answer format so can be used for the exams too. The answers are very details with the explanation notes and refers to legislation too.
  • Pixie1
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

A colleague has also recommended this one, although having seen a few pages of one of the tolleys book previously I thought it looked a little over complicated. Maybe I will have another look.

Thanks
Privacy Policy