Budgeting exam

Options
Becky V
Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I have my budgeting exam next week and i have done both practice exams and have passed, so feeling fairly confident. Has anyone sat this exam recently and was it similiar to the practice ones? Many thanks just need reassurance, i get so nervous before exams :)

Comments

• Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Becky,
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    I have my exam next week, and done the practice exams and only got the same couple of little things wrong, but still passed.
    I have been told, the biggest reason people fail is due to the written question. So, I really dont know how this will go. I'm just hoping for the best.

Good luck
  • Becky V
    Options
    Hi Diddy Mau my exam is on Monday, when is yours? I have been trying to practice hard on the written tasks as i know that is what will let me down. Good luck to you aswell.
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Mine is next Wednesday.
    I've been trying to remember all the numbers, first.
    Going to concentrate on the Written task this week.
    My plan is get the numbers right and waffel the written task if all else fails.

I will let you know how i think it went
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Becky & Diddy Mau,
    I found the budgeting exam very similar to the practice CBA's - so keep practising them. I have just got my feedback form, although I passed overall, the one area that I "did not meet" was one of the written questions, and I think that it was general for our group, so DO have a good look at the practice written questions, and the answers to them.
    Good luck
    GP
  • Becky V
    Options
    Thank you i will do lots of practising of the written tasks, the end is in sight for me!!!! :)
  • Becky V
    Options
    I sat my budgeting exam yesterday and it was very similar to the practice ones, good luck Diddy Mau hope it goes well for you tomorrow, now Financial performance for me and fingers crossed im done!!!! :)
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Thanks Becky

hopefully we both get the result we need.
    fingers crossed
  • FrancesD
    FrancesD Registered Posts: 21 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Becky & Diddy Mau,
    I found the budgeting exam very similar to the practice CBA's - so keep practising them. I have just got my feedback form, although I passed overall, the one area that I "did not meet" was one of the written questions, and I think that it was general for our group, so DO have a good look at the practice written questions, and the answers to them.
    Good luck
    GP

Hello Guinea Pig

Did you have to resit the budgeting exam because you failed one of the written questions even if you passed everything else

Frances
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Frances,
    No, fortunately I didn't have to re-sit, I met one section, and exceeded the other 6 sections. It would be interesting to know their marking systems!
    Best wishes,
    GP
  • FrancesD
    Options
    I have sent you a PM as I am worried that messing up this question, will cause me to fail the whole thing

Frances
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sorry to jump on this thread, but would anyone know which tasks were the extended written ones as my feedback report doesn't show and I would love to know!! I usually write the tasks numbers down with trigger for what it was about, but must be getting bit slack!!
  • lisalofty
    lisalofty Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I sat my budgeting exam yesterday and felt all went well. It's very similar to the practice ones on line so didn't panic me.

The written element I felt wasn't as scary as I thought it would be so fingers crossed:001_smile:

It's Financial Performance for me on the 28th June then all done.

Awaiting results of my first resit in 3 years FNST failed think i just saw it and panic set in wasn't so bad 2nd time round but I've learnt to get my written out of they way 1st it certainly works for me.

Not bad for a 44 year old with fibromyalgia :001_smile: I won't give in but this year has been hard with all the written elements.

Good luck Everyone OUR CAP AND GOWN AWAITS US YIPEE!!!!
  • f12345
    f12345 Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Feedback report???
    Sorry to jump on this thread, but would anyone know which tasks were the extended written ones as my feedback report doesn't show and I would love to know!! I usually write the tasks numbers down with trigger for what it was about, but must be getting bit slack!!

A couple of people on this post have mentioned getting feedback reports with exam results... just wondering what they were / is it to do with your training provider or can anyone get them? I study with Kaplan and have never heard anyone mention getting feedback from CBT'S.
    I would love something which may satisfy my curiosity as to how 'competent' I was!
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Hello f12345,

It's a report that the training provider can email. I'm self studier so contacted AAT direct with my reference number and they email it back in couple of days. Only problem is it isnt very detailed. It itemises the tasks under 4 categories: execeeded, met, borderline and did not meet. So first 2 categories pass, second 2 fail., this system has only been around since Sept 11 so hopefully it will be refined as I would so love % info!!
  • FrancesD
    Options
    Whirlwind

Extended written bits

The infamous 1.5 - which most people seem to fail

and 2.3 - which I actually found quite easy

Did you pass overall? - How did you do on 1.5
    Frances
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Thanks for that!!

Well ... 1.5 borderline, 2.3 met, 2.1 dnm, and the rest exceeded. I know it shouldn't matter as long as its 'competent', but it really does!! My worst results were EXA with 1 exc, 22 met & 7 dnm ... still passed but think it was by skin of my teeth!!
  • FrancesD
    Options
    Thanks for that!!

Well ... 1.5 borderline, 2.3 met, 2.1 dnm, and the rest exceeded. I know it shouldn't matter as long as its 'competent', but it really does!! My worst results were EXA with 1 exc, 22 met & 7 dnm ... still passed but think it was by skin of my teeth!!

Whirlwind
    were you competent overall in budgeting ?

I am trying to work out their marking system
    Frances
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Yeap, competent for all that I have sat (so far).

I too have tried to work out how the marking is calculated but it's a real headache!! If you come up with something please let us know .... It seems to be a real issue for us all!!
  • f12345
    f12345 Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Thanks whirlwind :) . Could i ask what email address you used to contact aat for this? Its probably easier than trying to get anything through TP! Percentages would be nice but i only have 3 units left so cant see it happening before then if ever!
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Hi f12345,

Oops .. just checked email address and its at BPP, as they are my provider. So its AATGeneral@bpp.com.

Enjoy them when you get them!!
  • CovTeej
    CovTeej Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I've contacted the AAT regarding their marking/weighting scheme and all they would tell me was that the questions all have different marks! It would be better if we got %ages against each topic on the exam rather than just exceeded, met etc.
Privacy Policy