FNSTcashflow

Options
jojo1979
jojo1979 Registered Posts: 75 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all!

I am currently studying for my financial statements exam in a few weeks time and am struggling with the cash flow statement. Does anyone have any notes or hints and tips that they could maye forward to me please? Also are there any other practice cbas other than the ones on this site that anyone knows about? Thanks xx

Comments

• amchrimes
    amchrimes Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Evening,

Have you got the question banks? I found them really useful for the cash flow statements. At 1st I was hoping not to get this on the actual exam but after practicing several times using the BPP question banks, they are a breeze!

In Claire Finches 'A guide to international accounting standards' she made a good point as too tackle each section as an individual instead of one long statement that seemed to work for me, as then it did not seem as daunting,

Just practice hard on getting when to increase or decrease for such things as Inventories etc and the rest is quite easy,

Good luck x
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Hiya

No i dont have these, are they online questions? Do you have a link?

Thank you
  • amchrimes
    amchrimes Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Evening,

I got the BPP question banks from Amazon and they were about £10. I found it really useful!!

I was feeling the same regarding the cash flow statement and I can say honestly once I had practiced a few times in the book they became much easier to tackle,

They also have question banks available for the other exams in Level 4.

I would also search for sites etc on the web to find further explanations which helped, as sometimes other people explain things easier for instance why you deduct say interest received under operating activities. The question bank also covers everything else inc examples of the written tasks in section 2.

Well worth the money :)
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Jojo,

Good luck in the exam, i'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Please will you come back and let me know how you got on and what the exam was like?

Thanks,

Neil
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Thank you Amchrimes, i will see if i can find it and if it will be here on time as it may be a bit late now.
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Hi Neil.

Thank you very much but you may need to have more than your fingers crossed lol.

I sure will let you know. Its not until the end of next week but will let you know how i get on.

x
Privacy Policy