Paye

Options
Rachel
Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Anyone else having issues with HMRC PAYE?

2 of my clients have made payments but PAYE have had to put a trace on them and it is taking months to find them. It takes 45 mins at lease before call is answered. I have written and they keep sending my clients letters saying they owe money and it is not the first letter etc. They are making me look bad as their Accountant and may make me lose clients.

Comments

• Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Rachel wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with HMRC PAYE?

2 of my clients have made payments but PAYE have had to put a trace on them and it is taking months to find them. It takes 45 mins at lease before call is answered. I have written and they keep sending my clients letters saying they owe money and it is not the first letter etc. They are making me look bad as their Accountant and may make me lose clients.

If all else fails...

Agent Account Managers (AAMs)

Regards

Dean
  • Rachel
    Options
    I just had a call from HMRC after I sent a letter of compliant. She informed me that they haven't received payment. I said that have you looked at the bank statement attached to the letter, she said no, looked at it and said she would have to send it to the accounts office at Shipton, for goodness sake it has been there in 2011 and still nothing. I can't beleive a bank statement, numerous letters and calls is not enough yet they are happy to fire out bailiff letters making my client intimidated to pay again. What more can I do. File yet another complaint to sit on someones desk for another 8 weeks.
    Sorry for rant this is just stupid
  • Rachel
    Options
    Well I have just had another call from them and they have traced the payment it went to suspense and then a similar named account. She seemed at a loss what to do though. I told her to reallocate it to the correct account but I am not convinced that will happen seeing as she wanted to close one of the accounts down, nooooooooo they are just similar name not the same. This is driving me insane and I have spent far too much time on it.
Privacy Policy