Generic SIC code

Options
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a nice good ol' generic SIC code for a client who has really varied activities. Something like 'General Business Activities' would be ideal but I can't see one for that. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Some of my personal favourites are:

63990 Other information service activities n.e.c.
    74909 Other professional, scientific and technical activities n.e.c.
    82990 Other business support service activities n.e.c.
    96090 Other service activities n.e.c.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Some of my personal favourites are:

63990 Other information service activities n.e.c.
    74909 Other professional, scientific and technical activities n.e.c.
    82990 Other business support service activities n.e.c.
    96090 Other service activities n.e.c.

That's brilliant, thanks Dean. The Iris database shows 96090 as 'Other personal serviceactivities n.e.c so I ignored it. Annoying Iris.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Sorry one more thing... Am I right in thinking that you can only change the SIC code through the AR?
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I could not find one under the new SIC codes which suited this company at all, it used to be other business activities nec. I had to stick with other manufacturing activities this year, even though we do installation work as well, there was not a single insulation code except manufacture ceramic and other insulation fixings.

Pathetic!
  • LynWest
    LynWest Registered Posts: 122 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I had the same thing with my client that builds timberframes for private dwellings and occasionally commercial, it had one for private and one for commercial but not for both. I think the old codes were clearer or is it just me getting old, refusing to let go of the old ways lol :lol:
Privacy Policy