Sage Instant Payroll software for 2012/13

Options
Ronnie
Ronnie Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
Over the past few years, I have purchased new Sage Instant Payroll software for each new tax year. As there do not appear to be any changes by HMRC for the new tax year other than the Personal Allowance which is altered manually, I think I'll continue using the 2011/12 software already installed, to process the wages for 2012/13. I'm filing all paperwork, P45s etc online, and all employees are below the 40% tax bracket. Anyone see any problems with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I use Moneysoft for payroll, with its online filing facilities, and pretty sure that once I file for 2011/2012 then it won't let me do it again for the following year - all the forms etc would have the wrong information on.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    As the rates and allowances have changed for 2012/13 presumably all your calculations will be wrong, unless you can manually amend them.
  • Ronnie
    Options
    Thanks for replies.

On clearing the 2011/12 year end, the Sage software has dated 2012/13. I've updated PAYE, NIC, SSP, SMP etc rates, which Sage allows you to do, plus Personal Allowance tax codes. There are no HMRC changes to P11 format, so will continue to use the same software, probably for this year only.

A few years ago after mini budgets in March, Sage used to send instructions on changing some of the rates in May.
  • Ronnie
    Options
    Update: Though Sage Instant Payroll calculated wages correctly after I had input the new rates, it would not give me all reports needed. So have purchased V12 for 2012/13 tax year from Amazon (currently £56.31 + VAT) which was cheapest for Payroll Explore version. SJG also competitive for other versions. This works out cheaper than signing up direct with Sage for update of 2011/12 software.
  • ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to update this thread - it's great to read this closure and have it logged for others to read in the future!
Privacy Policy