P60s from Ebay!!! Grr to HMRC

KaySarah
KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
It's a bit much when you have to buy your P60 stationery from Ebay (next day delivery & in prices & quants to :001_smile: huge thanks to A J Miller) ... !!

:thumbdown: to HMRC for insisting on the format but refusing to provide the Forms anymore to people who are compelled to file online. Theoretically, we should be able to print from HMRC web - however HMRC is its infinite wisdom has chosen the next 2 weeks to close down their online filing (at end of Tax Year!!) for "maintenance".... so don't try and file from your Payroll Software between 3 April until 14 April .. as Software like Sage will continually be in a state of polling whilst awaitning the Unique Correlation Submission Number (your "proof of filing").

I've been all ready to file 3 payrolls since yesterday morning & Can't! :crying:

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    They've closed down online filing? I was hoping to do my year end next week. What berk decided now would be a good time to close it down just when everyone wants to use it? And what about things like filing P45's and P46's - do we have to wait to do that as well?
  • KaySarah
    coojee wrote: Β»
    They've closed down online filing? I was hoping to do my year end next week. What berk decided now would be a good time to close it down just when everyone wants to use it? And what about things like filing P45's and P46's - do we have to wait to do that as well?

Well .. what we have been told is .. IF you want to take the chance.. it may go down a hole and fail to be acknowledged as received :ohmy: .. Not sure if it still applies if you go through Govt Gateway and re key everything directly onto the webpage .. I'm going to give that a try over the weekend, otherwise I may have a "blonde" moment (yeah I can say that cos I am blonde) and forget to file it because in my brain I have finished Payroll now ... below is excerpt we received ...

HMRC Gateway scheduled upgrade 3 - 13 April 2012
    HMRC have recently notified us of their scheduled upgrade times during this payroll year end period, and as a result, we strongly recommend that you wait until 14 April or later to make your submission.
    If you submit your year end returns between 6pm Tuesday 3 April and 6pm Friday 13 April your online submission acknowledgement will be delayed. You will not receive your acknowledgement from HMRC until Friday 13 April.
    We strongly recommend that you wait until 14 April or later to make your submission. This ensures that you will receive a full acknowledgement from HMRC and Sage Payroll can provide and display your unique correlation ID number for your successful submission.
    If you try to submit from 6pm on Tuesday 3 April to 6pm Friday 13 April, Sage Payroll will continually wait for an acknowledgement from HMRC and your software will be unresponsive. If this happens you should press Ctrl+Alt+Del.

If you close your submission without waiting for a response, you will not receive a unique correlation ID for your submission, which proves that your submission has been successful and can be used to trace the submission, if required. You will receive a generic email response from HMRC on Friday 13 April, which confirms if your submission was successful. This identifies the company the submission was received for but it doesn't contain your correlation ID number.

Please remember that you have until 19 May 2012 to submit your year end return to HMRC.
    When you had planned to submit When you'll now need to submit
    On or before 3 April Submit as normal up to 6pm on Tuesday 3 April
    Between 4 and 13 April Submit between 14 April and 19 May
    On or after 14 April Submit as normal, ensuring that you meet the 19 May deadline.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    That is a bit much you had to buy the P60s on Ebay!! I managed to order them from HMRC a few weeks ago ok. I agree it's completely daft them closing down the online filing system right when everyone wants to file their year ends, I managed to get one through on Tuesday before it closed, was hoping to have done a few more this week.
  • KaySarah
    That is a bit much you had to buy the P60s on Ebay!! I managed to order them from HMRC a few weeks ago ok. I agree it's completely daft them closing down the online filing system right when everyone wants to file their year ends, I managed to get one through on Tuesday before it closed, was hoping to have done a few more this week.

Just been trying for the last hour now to push through the small Carer payroll I have finalised which uses HMRC Basic PAYE Tools (the blurb on their web says that This will get through ... Pah! Waste of my time! luckily I sent a Test one first .. Govt Gateway is closed! :thumbdown:
    What a Crock!
Privacy Policy