Financial Performance - Section 2

Options
Andrej
Andrej Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
Hi All,

Just wondering, if you could provide me some guidance on the Financial Performance - Section 2? I sat this exam in December 2011 and unfortunately I failed this exam.

I am quite confident that I did do well in Section 1. I am adament that it was Section 2 that caused me problems, from memory a written element came up, a question on NPV and lastly a question where data was given and you had to fill in missing gaps of sentences by selecting the appropriate answer from the drop down menu.

I was really baffled by the fill in the gaps section, no matter how many times I tried to calculate I was unable to arrive at or near to the answer provided from the drop down menu. I wasn't too sure if this was to do with Target Costing or Performance Indicators - Whatif, Fixed Costs, Contribution or Breakeven.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Could you please advise the topics I need to focus on in section 2 to overcome this problem in order for me to pass Financial Performance? (Sitting this paper on the 1st May 2012).

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Regards

Andrej

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Andrej

Have you asked for a feedback report which will show the areas that you 'did not meet' and will enable you to focus your revision here.

All the best.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Andrej,
    I am interested to see the replies, as I am sitting this exam the day after you!
    NPV = Net Present Value, and can be calculated using a discounted cash flow. This can also be used to calculate the Net Present cost i.e. a life-cycle cost, or the Net Terminal Value i.e. the value at the end of a projects life.
    Which books are you using?
    Have you tried the practice assessments on here? they are really helpful, especially if you print off the answers, so that you can work backwards, to see how they calculated them. Similarly, on the Osborne Books website, their practice quizzes show solutions.
    Good luck
    GP
  • Andrej
    Options
    Hi JC,

I havent asked for a feedback report. How much does it cost to get feedback? How long does it take to receive the feedback?

Hi GP,

When I sat the exam I was using the BPP and Osbourne books. I have just recently purchased Kaplan's Revision Kit which I am finding very useful. I have tried the practice CBA's and section 1 is the only section that appears to be similar to the exam that I sat back in December 2011. The only suprised that I encountered was the fill in the blanks in section 2.

Thanks both.

Regards

Andre
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Andrej wrote: »
    Hi JC,

I havent asked for a feedback report. How much does it cost to get feedback? How long does it take to receive the feedback?

Hello Andre

The feedback report should be free from your training provider/exam centre. I telephoned my centre and they emailed it to me within a few minutes. They are very efficient :)

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Andrej
    Options
    Hi JC,

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Regards

Andrej
Privacy Policy