Help needed...........

TeeJay
TeeJay Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hi Everyone,

I have been approached by a local childminder to produce annual accounts and SA - she has said that she uses the NCMA accounts books so everything should be in order to produce the accounts and file the SA. My problem is - I'm just starting up and have no idea what to charge? Do I go with a fixed fee? I'm based in the North West (if that makes a difference?).

I was thinking in the region of £200 for this service - is this too low or too high? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracy

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    TeeJay wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I have been approached by a local childminder to produce annual accounts and SA - she has said that she uses the NCMA accounts books so everything should be in order to produce the accounts and file the SA. My problem is - I'm just starting up and have no idea what to charge? Do I go with a fixed fee? I'm based in the North West (if that makes a difference?).

I was thinking in the region of £200 for this service - is this too low or too high? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracy

I'd highly recommend that you look at Monsoon's blog post: http://justanothermip.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/accountant-what-to-charge/

And then also take a look at her very useful Fee Survey: http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?31626-AAT-2011-fees-survey-the-results!

Are you registered as a MiP?
  • Fizzbang
    Fizzbang Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Teejay,

I have a few friends that are childminders who also use the NMCA accounts books, they rang around a few accountancy practices last year and the average cost was between £50-100 depending on how well they kept their books.

They are based in the midlands.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    £200 sounds reasonable, we don't complete a tax return for less than £90 so to suggest £50-£100 appears too cheap to me. However, been a while since a did a childminder as there profits are usually so low they tend to try and do them themselves.
Privacy Policy