VT Software & HMRC Online Tool

Options
MichelleGroves
MichelleGroves Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello, first post and a new member in practice. :001_smile:
I am a long term user of sage and before setting up in practice I read many of the forums
for advice. I have purchased VT + software and my question is can an agent use VT+ software to
file accounts and the corporation tax return using the HMRC tool?

I have downloaded the HMRC tool and have the PDF but not sure if I am on the right track?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Michelle

Comments

• JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I don't think that you can file the accounts with VT. You can use Ftax to file the Corp tax return and attach the VT accounts to the return. As for Companies House I just send in paper copies printed from VT.
  • ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    my question is can an agent use VT+ software to
    file accounts and the corporation tax return using the HMRC tool?
    Michelle

Hi Michelle!
    I also use VT+, but to file the accounts I have VT Final Accounts, which is the bit you need to convert your VT+ into the correct layout, and then convert into IXBRL. VT Final Accounts do have tabs for Corporation Tax too, which you can convert into IXBRL ready for submission, however I tend to use FTax (purely through comfort zone I guess!!) and attach my Accounts IXBRL to it, and then complete the FTax CT600 (IXBRL'd again!) There may be more efficient ways, but for me it works!
    As for Companies House, i use their pdf online filing method as it's easiest!

HTH, Ange
Privacy Policy