VT+ help please

Options
Anne Boleyn
Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi Everyone

This may be a very simple question. I'm using VT+ and most of the time I just type in the TB and produce accounts from there. However I want to put one of my bookkeeping clients on to VT but I can't find where to input sales invoices. I assume there are sales and purchase ledgers but I can't find them. In Sage I input all the invoices and then allocate payments to them as and when they got paid, how does it work in VT?

Please help if you can.

Comments

• ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sales Invoices

If you look along the menu bar, go as far as it says "Help". Underneath this, see SIN and SCR which are underlined. You can use these if you want to preformat a Sales Invoice and Credit note, which are sent to customers. If you just want to purely input for bookkeeping purposes, then the next ones SIN and SCR without the underline are the buttons you need! The next button with the arrow and SU will show you the customers listed and amounts they owe (so you can pick off and allocate a payment)!

HTH!
    Angela
  • Anne Boleyn
    Options
    Hi Angela

Thanks for the quick reply. Problem is I don't have those buttons and I've looked in the customize toolbar option but they are nowhere to be found. Any ideas?
  • ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Fair enough - try "Transaction", then "Sales Invoice"
  • Anne Boleyn
    Options
    Hi

I just started to reply that I didn't have the word transaction on the menu bar etc but then I looked again at one of the options that said "open VT file in VT+" which I clicked on and there it all is. I have all the buttons etc. I'm so sorry for wasting your time as I should have investigated more on my own first. The problem is I've always used Sage and this is so different and there's no-one else to ask.

Thankyou for your help.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options

This may be a very simple question. I'm using VT+ and most of the time I just type in the TB and produce accounts from there.
    Just to clarify:

T+ is a bookkeeping programme, and is a standalone installation.

You are referring to VT Final Accounts which is an excel plugin, and is only for producing accounts.

I know you probably know that now, but it's worth making the distinction :)
Privacy Policy