Business Tax exam Thursday....

Options
stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi guys and girls,

Hope you are all well?

I was hoping to get people's opinion on the Business Tax exam? Whether people had questions on Shares, Capital Allowances, adjusted trading profit etc? How were the theory questions?

Thanks all

Steph

Comments

• NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Steph, have you done the practise exam on the AAT website? The real exam is very much like the practise exam. Definitely questions on shares, capital allowances and adjusted trading profits. No theory as such, but for two of the questions you just get a blank box to put your answer in rather than the drop down pick lists and boxes you normally get.

Good luck
    Nicola
  • stephleedz
    Options
    Hi NicF,

I have had a look over it but I do have my own ritual the day before the exam (which I have off work) I do the AAT mock, I will no doubt have a go at it before then as I am trying everything to get as much variance as possible. I have done the Kaplan revision kit over and over, mocks on the Kaplan engage site, questions in the book, green light questions etc.

Thank you for replying as you have put my mind at ease some what. May I ask when you sat the BTX exam? Also when you say there were a couple of question that didn't offer the drops own menu can you remember what the questions were on?

Thank you

Steph
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Steph, if you've don the Kaplan mocks these are very similar to the real thing as well. I sat the exam on 21st March and I don't have my results back yet but I'm fairly confident about this one. If I remember correctly there were two questions without drop down boxes and these one on capital allowances and one on shares. I can't remember if they were for Ltd company or sole trader, but I think either can come up.

I'm not sure if you're aware but there is some informtion available to you in the exam, a bit like with indirect tax, but not quite so much info. It's mostly the different levels for the allowances, but it's quite useful for checking.

Good luck
    Nicola
  • stephleedz
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you this is a great help. I do sometimes forget about that info but like you say it's great to have it there to check what your doing/thinking is correct.

I'm sure you will have aced it. Good luck with your results hope you get them through soon. I have a lovely 2 weeks break before I head back into class in May for financial statements!!!

Thanks again for all your input.

Steph
Privacy Policy