FNST Results

Options
lisalofty
lisalofty Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Well guys just received my results and have failed totally gutted:crying:

I did have an idea when I came out of the exam that I didn't write enough and that's what got me.

So please folks don't panic like I did take the exam slowly and calmly and do concentrate on section 2 I think I spent to long on section 1.

On the positive side 1st exam failed out of 13 so not bad received 95% on part 2 of credit management and debt control.

We also had 3 exams in march which was not good unfortunately FNST got me .

So 1 resit and 2 more exams then all done yipee!!!

Good luck to everyone still to sit theres but you MUST be familiar with both of the online practice assessments and use the green light study area.

Comments

• WAD2001
    WAD2001 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

Im sorry to hear you have failed ive got my exam next week and an struggling with the revision. Would you have any further tips that could possibly help.
    Good luck with your resit
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hello

There is an excellent article in the May 2012 edition of PQ Magazine titled 'How To Pass The Hard Ones'. The article focuses on FNPF and FNST assessments.

I have just had a look on the PQ site and currently the new edition is not available online but I'm sure it will be soon.

I am trying to scan the article in as I compose this message but am encountering a few problems with wifi interference!

A summary of the article follows:

The article starts by saying that the lead assessor, Andrew Coulson said that FNST now has more variety. Candidates need to understand that there are 21 IFRSs that can be assessed and some are a bit obscure, but all you need to know are the key definitions and key accounting treatments.

The CBA replacement for the DFS exam is a wider test and a better test. The article has several other key points but concludes with a very useful piece of advice... If in the ratio question, one of the extended written questions, you are asked for a letter, start it with 'Dear' and close the letter with 'Yours'. According to the article some students are simply starting their letter with 'Hello'!

I will attach scanned copy of the article here once I manage to sort out the wifi.

All the best with your exam.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Jo,
    Thanks, that's really helpful, I'm studying like mad for FNPF in 12 days time!
    Good luck to everyone busy revising.
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Hello GP

Hope you are well. I'm sure you will be fine with FNPF as you have put in plenty of hard work.

Still don't have copy of document, sorry... hopefully the PQ website will be updated soon.

http://www.pqmagazine.co.uk/

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Article on FNPF and FNST.

http://tinyurl.com/c7ttk2n

Page 19

Enjoy the read and I hope the article helps those due to sit either of these exams or any other exam.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Lisa

I know exactly how you feel as we had our results 2 weeks ago and I failed it too, I was absolutely gutted even though I knew I had failed. It was the fact it was confirmed that got me more so but I held it quite well until we got back to college on Thursday and then I lost it and cried like a baby.

I have paid for the resit and I think we are sitting it end of June.

In the meantime, we have Financial Performance exam next Thursday, which will again be another fail as I just don't understand any of it and have been unable to study as much as some people. We also have Personal Tax and Budgeting to look forward to all before end of June.

Need to get this all passed before October so I can join everyone else at the Graduation :001_smile:

Good luck with your exam GP
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Chelle wrote: Β»
    I have paid for the resit and I think we are sitting it end of June.

Good luck with your resit Chelle.
    In the meantime, we have Financial Performance exam next Thursday, which will again be another fail as I just don't understand any of it and have been unable to study as much as some people. We also have Personal Tax and Budgeting to look forward to all before end of June.

Chelle, don't forget to ask questions here for areas which you are struggling with understanding as there are lots of friendly people more than happy to help you :)
    Need to get this all passed before October so I can join everyone else at the Graduation :001_smile:
    What graduation is this Chelle?

All the best.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Lisa & Chelle, sorry to hear about your fails, its so disheartening, and hope that you have better luck next time. I too have shed tears over these exams, especially when I seem to hit a "wall" with the studying, and struggle to absorb the information. For me , the answer seems to be practice, practice & more practice, and with the bits I get stuck on, going back to the text books, until I can work the answers through.
    Chelle - the Budgeting exam covers quite a bit of the material for FNPF & FNST, but is more straightforward, not so scary. Personal Tax involves a lot of learning, but again, it is easier to absorb and accept how to do the calculations etc. although I'm waiting for my results now, quite anxiously!
    This is all going to be worthwhile in the long run, so think how good its going to feel in October - we'll all get through somehow!
    Best wishes
    GP
  • WAD2001
    WAD2001 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

Thanks everyone for your advice it's really appreciated some great tips, Good luck everyone with the exam and I hope we can keep others to join in with the tips

Thanks
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Please do not get despondent about this exam result. The failing of FNST will put you in good stead for your next attempt.

In all honesty, however, I did fear something like this would happen with this paper as reported by PQ Magazine. For years the DFS exam was far too predictable. Students were becoming complacent and when the paper changed it has had an adverse effect on the pass rates which I believe is a legacy of the old DFS's consistent style. I think when exam papers become too predictable, students tend to gloss over many syllabus areas and a consistent paper is not always a good thing because when the paper suddenly changes style, there is often an outpouring of misery from not only students, but tuition providers also.

The key to passing FNST is to get an even balance of study. When I used to teach DFS I met students who got so bogged down in the accounting standards that they neglected many core syllabus areas. I am not saying the OP is guilty of this, but it is something that I came across quite a lot with students. Also for FNST always be prepared for the unexpected! Examiners can (and do) examine syllabus areas using a variety of question styles, so try to tackle lots of exam standard questions that examine syllabus areas in a variety of styles.

Good luck.

All the best
    Steve
  • Chelle
    Options

What graduation is this Chelle?

We were told just before Easter that we have got our Graduation through the college in October, although not sure what date it will be as of yet.
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    We were told just before Easter that we have got our Graduation through the college in October, although not sure what date it will be as of yet.

Hello Chelle

Sounds like a special occasion and one in which you can celebrate all your hard work and past efforts :)

Good luck with your remaining exams.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Chelle
    Options
    Thank you JC :001_smile:
  • lisalofty
    lisalofty Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Thanks

Hi everyone thanks for your comments have lifted my chin up now and given myself a shake!!! I WILL NOT BE BEATEN lol i hope :001_smile:

I am revising and looking through my work and doing the practice assessments again :001_smile:

I only have this resit and my budgeting and financial performance to sit in june

budgeting exam 14th i think and financial performance 28th i think. So am going to book my resit as quick as i can to get it out of the way.

We also graduate in November so need to concentrate and get them passed.

I passed all the others first time so have stopped beating myself up now.

Good luck everyone with any exams you have coming up xxxx
Privacy Policy