Change employee's tax code?

JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002
A client of mine took on an employee mid March and I got his P45 from his previous job and filed it and used the 747L tax code (now 810L). He phoned me yesterday to say that when he finished his previous job he also started receiving a pension and he was told that the 747L code would be applied to his pension payments and I should be deducting basic rate tax from everything earned in the new employment.
I've just tried to contact HMRC but they're too busy to take my call and I have to process this week's payroll now - which code should I use? He's happy to sign a P46 with box C ticked, can I use this as authorisation to change the code to OT?


Privacy Policy