Osborne tests

Options
MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had access to the osborne tutor tests for cash mgt and tax - with answers?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• MWAUGH1983
    Options
    would appreciate if anyone can help with this?

cheers
    martin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Martin

I think I may have CMGT which was sent to me last year by some kind person on here. I'll check when I get home tonight.

PM me your email address and I'll send them over if/when I find them.

How are you finding CMGT and ITX?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    The point of the Osborne Tutor Zone activities is that students aren't meant to have access to the answers.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Cheers Jo I will PM my address.

Sorry coojee but I find having the answer will allow me to see if im correct or not - I could do the test and be 100% wrong but how would I know either way!?

Cheers again Jo
  • coojee
    Options

Sorry coojee but I find having the answer will allow me to see if im correct or not - I could do the test and be 100% wrong but how would I know either way!?

You'll know what you've done wrong when you send it to your tutor for marking. If you're not with a provider then you shouldn't have access to these tests in the first place. The TZ stuff is copyrighted and is for internal college use only. I'm sorry to sound harsh but it makes me cross when publishers provide things to help out colleges and it gets abused by people using it out of turn, it's akin to piracy.
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Out of interest - do training providers have to pay to access the Osborne Tutor Zone ?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    coojee wrote: ยป
    You'll know what you've done wrong when you send it to your tutor for marking. If you're not with a provider then you shouldn't have access to these tests in the first place. The TZ stuff is copyrighted and is for internal college use only. I'm sorry to sound harsh but it makes me cross when publishers provide things to help out colleges and it gets abused by people using it out of turn, it's akin to piracy.

I do agree with you however what if there are tutors who are prepared to email the tasks and answers to students?
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options

You make a good point but as Jo says what happens if these are email? From experience thats how eagle distribute them.......
  • coojee
    Options
    You make a good point but as Jo says what happens if these are email? From experience thats how eagle distribute them.......

eagle don't (or shouldn't) give out the tutor zone answers.
  • coojee
    Options
    Out of interest - do training providers have to pay to access the Osborne Tutor Zone ?

They don't have to pay to access it but they do have to buy a certain number of books from Osborne before they get access.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    eagle don't (or shouldn't) give out the tutor zone answers.

well email the test and the student emails it back and then eagle email the test with feedback - feedback equates to answers.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    They don't have to pay to access it but they do have to buy a certain number of books from Osborne before they get access.[/QUOTE

as eagle use osborne that shouldnt be a great task........
  • Sonya Ashbarry
    Sonya Ashbarry Registered Posts: 31 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Tutor Zone

Hi Martin

You're right Martin, but the cylce you just mentioned is the point of the tutor zone tests.

They've been kindly provided by Osborne Books for tutors to use with their own students only. When tutors are given access to the zone, they agree to terms and conditions.

Students already have plenty of resources available where they have answers. Tutor zone questions have been very kindly provided by Osborne books so that tutors have some resources that they can use where students don't have immediate access to the answers.

We don't automatically provide these tests to all students, we use them where students are likely to benefit from that extra bit of practice and tutor assistance, and students and tutors very much appreciate that.

I can understand that a student may not be aware of the agreement tutors make with Osborne. I've emailed Mike from Osborne this morning with a suggestion to make this a little clearer.

A useful thread! :001_smile:

Sonya
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Hi Martin

You're right Martin, but the cylce you just mentioned is the point of the tutor zone tests.

They've been kindly provided by Osborne Books for tutors to use with their own students only. When tutors are given access to the zone, they agree to terms and conditions.

Students already have plenty of resources available where they have answers. Tutor zone questions have been very kindly provided by Osborne books so that tutors have some resources that they can use where students don't have immediate access to the answers.

We don't automatically provide these tests to all students, we use them where students are likely to benefit from that extra bit of practice and tutor assistance, and students and tutors very much appreciate that.

I can understand that a student may not be aware of the agreement tutors make with Osborne. I've emailed Mike from Osborne this morning with a suggestion to make this a little clearer.

A useful thread! :001_smile:

Sonya

Its great that youve email mike but thats no interest to me.................
Privacy Policy