PTX book advice please

Options
Luciana
Luciana Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hello guys

I am studying PTX by myself now. I found the PTX book from BPP was much thinner than that of Osborne. Any advice on which book should be chosen? Does BPP PTX book cover all the areas for the test?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Luciana

I used the BPP PTX book and have sat the exam recently. Everything that was in my exam was covered in the BPP book.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Luciana
    Options
    Hello Luciana

I used the BPP PTX book and have sat the exam recently. Everything that was in my exam was covered in the BPP book.

JC

Hi Jo

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I just started self-learning PTX, while I have booked the test for the end of this month. Hopefully I would have enough time to get myself ready. May I ask what other exercise or material you have used for the test?

Thanks again.

Luciana
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Luciana

Sounds like you have plenty of time. I studied the module over three weeks and sat the exam in week four.

I used the BPP Text and Question Bank, AAT Practice Test, Osborne online quizzes and a friend also quizzed me the week before the exam :o

You will also be able to use greenlight for FA2011 as it has now been updated - Thanks AAT :)

Hope this helps and good luck!
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Luciana
    Options
    Hello Luciana

Sounds like you have plenty of time. I studied the module over three weeks and sat the exam in week four.

I used the BPP Text and Question Bank, AAT Practice Test, Osborne online quizzes and a friend also quizzed me the week before the exam :o

You will also be able to use greenlight for FA2011 as it has now been updated - Thanks AAT :)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks Jo. You have been very helpful!

I shall start learning the text firstly, and then work on the practice. Fingers crossed.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Luciana,
    I used the Osborne tutorial and workbook, and did the Osborne quizzes, at the time greenlight for FA 2011 was not available. I also used the HMRC website to check any areas where I needed further clarification.
    I took it 5 weeks ago, and was disappointed with the lack of practice material, but avoided using previous years practice, as I thought the different tax rates/rules etc would confuse me. I'm now waiting for the results rather impatiently.
    Good luck,
    GP
  • Luciana
    Options
    Thanks GP.

That's useful information too. Hope you can get the result soon. Keep in touch. How many more tests do you have left?
  • guinea pig
    Options
    Hi Luciana, found out yesterday that I've passed! Brilliant news. I took FNPF on Wednesday, and that hopefully, was my last exam - its going to be a long 6 weeks wait for the results!
    I've just remembered there was a question on the forum about something someone had in the PTX exam, that no one could remember covering, I think it verged onto the payroll area, Nat insurance, I'll have a look, and see if I can find it.
    Hope revision goes well.
    GP
  • Luciana
    Options
    Hi Luciana, found out yesterday that I've passed! Brilliant news. I took FNPF on Wednesday, and that hopefully, was my last exam - its going to be a long 6 weeks wait for the results!
    I've just remembered there was a question on the forum about something someone had in the PTX exam, that no one could remember covering, I think it verged onto the payroll area, Nat insurance, I'll have a look, and see if I can find it.
    Hope revision goes well.
    GP

Hi GP

Great news and congratulations. Also thank you for finding the thread for me, you are so kind. It seems that there will be more theoretical questions than calculations, was that for you exam?

You deserve a good break after all those hard work. Wish you have a nice long weekend!

Luciana
  • guinea pig
    Options
    Hi Luciana,
    Its amazing how quickly you forget what was in the exam! anyway, I'm pretty sure that there was one written question, I think about timings & penalties, and two questions which needed a small written input.
    Have a good weekend,
    GP
  • Luciana
    Options
    Thanks again. :001_smile:
Privacy Policy