Funding

Options
MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi All,

I am just wondering when getting funding from an employer; can the student pick where they go or would the employer expect them to go to a certain place like kaplan or bpp, etc ?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    That would depend entirely on your employer. Mine was happy for me to select a supplier but some may have a preference.

Nicola
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Martin

When I started AAT my employer had a preferred training provider which all staff attended whether they were studying for AAT, ACCA or CIMA.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    If your employer has put other people through qualifications then they may already have a provider they prefer, but if you have strong feelings and a decent argument they might take into account your point of view.

I'm self studying AAT, but my employer will be funding my ATT, and there was no choice in provider (this might be because I took the job which is a training contract rather than being an existing employee.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I just worry that if I take anything on offer then I might be there for a while and I dont no if working there long term is for me!

Martin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Martin

This would be something to discuss with your employer. They may ask you to enter a training contract where you agree to stay x years after you complete the qualification or are required to pay a percentage of the fees back.

Good luck whatever you decide.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Hello Martin

This would be something to discuss with your employer. They may ask you to enter a training contract where you agree to stay x years after you complete the qualification or are required to pay a percentage of the fees back.

Good luck whatever you decide.

JC :o

Hi Jo,

It cropped up in a appraisal a few wks ago and it was said that he would enquire about it - there may be opportunities coming up later this yr when a new hospital may move over to our trust. Though if I dont get anything there then something might come up external. I will just have to look at my options.

Martin
Privacy Policy