FNST - IAS's & IFRS's

stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Has anyone purchased/used 'A students guide to International Financial Accounting Standards' book by Clare Finch? Just wondered how good it is, how useful it is?

Started FNST and the IAS's & IFRS's that go with it...want to get these nailed as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance guys and girls

Steph x

Comments

• Barry
    Barry Registered Posts: 101 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I was going to buy this but I believe there's a new edition due out but the new edition doesn't seem to have been published. I was waiting for it as I am doing F7 ACCA in June but couldn't wait anymore so I bought Steve Collings IFRS for Dummies. I think it's really good as additional reading when the text book confuses the hell out of you which mine does all the time.
  • Newts22
    Newts22 Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Has anyone purchased/used 'A students guide to International Financial Accounting Standards' book by Clare Finch? Just wondered how good it is, how useful it is?

Started FNST and the IAS's & IFRS's that go with it...want to get these nailed as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance guys and girls

Steph x

Hi Steph

I brought this book, and althought I haven't read it cover to cover it seems pretty good!
    I brought mine after sitting FNST as I thought some extra reading wouldn't hurt, plus I got it cheap from the book depository when they had a discount offer.
    I do wish I had known about the book before my exam, as it's brightly coloured and easy on the eye, not many accounts books can claim that lol!
    Good luck
  • kelly86
    kelly86 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi Steph
    I bought this book a couple of weeks ago as I have just started the FNST unit and was getting throroughly confused!!
    Its a good book! Easy to read (compared with other accounts books), easy to follow, and it bullets what you MUST know about each standard and also the definitions that you MUST learn, rather than pages and pages of text ... I would highly recommend!
    Kelly
  • stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Thank you very much everyone you have all been immensely helpful. I'm definitely going to purchase this book.

Steph
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Steve Colling's 'IFRS for Dummies' is also very useful if you want to approach the standards from a different angle. (It's also one of the cheapest books on IFRS out there!)
Privacy Policy