PEAF Panic!

Mollypod88
Mollypod88 Registered Posts: 155 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi All,

I'm having a little panicing over PEAF. I feel like theres so much information it'll take a life time to remember it all!

Any tips on how to cope!?!

Thanks

Comments

• kewko
    kewko Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor โญ
    DONT PANIC!!!

It really is not that much to learn. I dont do learning words so struggled on this test, but with just an overall knowledge of the subject i passes, which is all i wanted.

so just chill and do some light overall reviews and you'll be fine.
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I suggest doing lots of practise questions. Something like the Kaplan revision book would be ideal. You soonstart to get a feel for what the right answers are going to be to most of the questions once you've had a go at hundreds of them. I find it sinks in much better than reading through a book.

Nicola
  • Mollypod88
    Hi Both,

Thank you for your responses. I am studying with Kaplan Distance Learning and will be starting the revision book next week. Hopefully it'll start to sink in more then! :crying:
  • sanju158
    sanju158 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi I failed my PEAF today, the weird thing is I passed all the AAT and Kaplan mocks and workbook questions easily, yet
    failed at the exam itself, very disappointing but I will take it down at the next attempt!!
  • Mollypod88
    Hi I failed my PEAF today, the weird thing is I passed all the AAT and Kaplan mocks and workbook questions easily, yet
    failed at the exam itself, very disappointing but I will take it down at the next attempt!!

Hi sanju158,

What did you find difficult?
  • sanju158
    Failure

I guess i found the nature of the questions to be quite different to that of the ones on the AAT website and the Kaplan workbook, also the questions were rather more tricky than I had experienced, but I think the only way to pass this unit is to rote learn the text and understand everything.
    A big ask but I hope to sit it again in 2 months enough time to master it.
    Out of all the units this was the one I was dreading, and with good reason it seems...
  • Mollypod88
    I guess i found the nature of the questions to be quite different to that of the ones on the AAT website and the Kaplan workbook, also the questions were rather more tricky than I had experienced, but I think the only way to pass this unit is to rote learn the text and understand everything.
    A big ask but I hope to sit it again in 2 months enough time to master it.
    Out of all the units this was the one I was dreading, and with good reason it seems...

I don't understand why the exam seems to be alot harder then the mocks and revision material?

I have my exam in 2 weeks and feel like I know what I'm doing but sounds like I can't call it!
  • sanju158
    Well I do wish you luck I wont resit PEAF until August giving myself two solid months to prepare for this and learn every nook and cranny of the text before embarking on this one, I think it will be my last exam so once I pass it, it wont just
    be hey I passed PEAF it will be hey I just completed my AAT qualification...........no pressure eh lol
  • Mollypod88
    I'm sure 2 months will be enough. You have experienced it now and know what you need to work on :)
Privacy Policy